Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#692353 - Fri Aug 11 2017 10:58 PM Help needed with ID of station lighters
Gas Pump Rob Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: California
Hello everyone,

I drove from California to Iowa again this year hoping to find some hidden treasures. Well this is my best find and purchase. These came out of the rafters of an old Derby gas station somewhere in Nebraska. They were in the original boxes labeled the Derby Oil company. The boxes fell apart and crumbled to pieces unfortunately and could not be saved. Has anyone ever seen pump lights like this? I am assuming they are some kind of aftermarket generic light but not sure. Any help or comments are welcome.

Thanks Rob

Attachments
IMG_2643.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2647.JPG

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#692354 - Fri Aug 11 2017 10:59 PM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
Gas Pump Rob Offline
Veteran Member

One more picture

Attachments
IMG_2646.JPG

#692355 - Fri Aug 11 2017 11:04 PM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
keithia Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: USA
No idea what they are but darn those are nice! I am going to have to take a road trip from Iowa to California and see what I find!

#692359 - Sat Aug 12 2017 12:03 AM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
Coops 427 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Kansas City, MO
Nice find!

#692362 - Sat Aug 12 2017 04:59 AM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Coops 427]
JimT Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio U.S.A.
Nice! Look like Neptune?

#692365 - Sat Aug 12 2017 07:47 AM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
has the deco look, good find .. ... cool

#692402 - Sat Aug 12 2017 08:11 PM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
In my new book I have put all the pump lights in their own section so it is easier to ID one like this, but.....none of the 24 looks like this one.

All that I have ID have two like arms holding the light, this has a piece of pipe going straight up. Not a Neptune, but I don't know what it is.

Can I have your permission to include it in the book, even if I have to list it as unidentified?

Jack Sim

#692411 - Sat Aug 12 2017 09:52 PM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
Loyd Pierce Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
I'm confused its my newbieness. You guys think they are pump towers or half of light post between pumps? Would make a neat pole with air and water.

#692412 - Sat Aug 12 2017 10:00 PM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Loyd Pierce]
cggas Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: northern in.
They call them stationlighters, they usually mount to the globe holder on top of a pump, but some pumps hav a special top for use with the stationlighter attachment. Loyd I don't think u can get off as a newbie!! They would match a national A-38's body lines well. I think they are just generic stationlighters... meaning not made by a pump manufacturer. Chris

Edited by cggas (Sat Aug 12 2017 10:05 PM)

#692414 - Sat Aug 12 2017 10:20 PM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
Loyd Pierce Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
Thanks Chris, not a fluted pole top. What I thought,never seen one without harp.

#692417 - Sat Aug 12 2017 11:48 PM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
Gas Pump Rob Offline
Veteran Member

Thanks for all the positive comments so far. Jack you have my permission to use the pictures but if you need better pictures without the stuff in the background just let me know. The strange thing to me is why has not anyone seen any like these if they are Generic? Seems like the manufacturer would knock out many hundreds like them? Both have a cord and plug coming out the bottom to plug into a globe light socket.

Rob

#692500 - Sun Aug 13 2017 10:34 PM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
tulareone Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: tulare, ca
Rob-- I have the same one-- with mines having the typical 2 arms to hold the top and has the light socket -- I was told from the collector I bought from it was for a neptune pump -- now there 3 of them in ca -- ruben

#692510 - Mon Aug 14 2017 06:36 AM Re: Help needed with ID of station lighters [Re: Gas Pump Rob]
Cold Pizza Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Illinois
Good looking Stationlighters.

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved