Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hey Everyone,

I acquired this baby a couple months back and finally got it home. Looks like someone drove over it but it survived the scrap pile! One of the reasons I had to have this piece (other than the fact that it’s a Red Indian) is that it is a 72” single sided. Has anyone seen or know of any single sided 72” Red Indian signs? I know Wes has one but does anyone know of any others? I always thought the 72” were all double sided but apparently not.

McColl-Frontenac Products SSP 72 Inch Sign 1A.jpg McColl-Frontenac Products SSP 72 Inch Sign 9A.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Truman, a co-worker has a 72 inch single sided sign like yours, it came out of his dad's old gas station/Dodge dealership out of Duck Lake where Glen Scrimshaw is located now. It's a fairly decent sign, his dad had it face down in the back yard and had all his scrap iron on top of it for some 40+ years.
Ken.

OP Offline
Hey Ken,

I know where you're talking about, cool find! My understanding is that the double sided 72" were lollipop signs that you could see from either direction. I'm assuming the single sided ones were just exterior wall hangers?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That could very well be Truman, they could also be 2 separate signs together in a ring. Some of the Red Indian/McColl-Frontenac experts will know for sure.
Ken.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I own/ have owned 2 single sided 6 footers. great sign!

Always looking for Red Indian Tins, McColl Frontenac, McColl Bros., Buffalo (prarie cities oil co), Stellarene and other western canadian tins.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved