Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#691201 Wed Jul 26 2017 10:00 AM
OP Offline
Hi,
I'm a new comer.
I was hired by an estate to disperse of the gentleman's many, many collections and items he amassed over his lifetime. One thing he collected was an MTC 12G train. I have been researching and looking at different sites and forums. I am beginning my attempt to find the best way to sell his train set. Someone on the MTC 12G Yahoo group sent me here. Obviously, my job is to get the most money possible for the estate but I am also finding the whole topic very interesting.

Any advice on selling, posting and using this site would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure I follow the rules and am respectful of the policies here. So, where do I begin?

Thanks,
leadsfromme
Tracy

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Tracy, Welcome to Oldgas. Your question may get more responses if posted in the Non-Petro Discussion and Showcase forum. I've collected model trains most of my life and have never heard of a MTC 12G train. What is a MTC 12G train?

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
By chance is the train; a 12" Gauge as in this Video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYpWUXiS83U

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
OP Offline
MTC is Miniature Train Company. Trainsets were made 1938 through to 1960 or so. The company issued an automotive title in Illinois until Company sold to Allen Hershell in 1956. There were about 1,500 of these trains made. Chance Manufacturing acquired Company in the sixties. Allen Hershell and Chance still operating.

12G is 12 Gauge or rideable size.

OP Offline
Similar, yes. I think the train in the video is a 16 gauge but I didn't read the description. 12G are rideable size. I don't see a link to upload a photo or I would insert one.

Any advice on how to upload photos on this site?

Last edited by leadsfromme; Fri Jul 28 2017 10:26 AM. Reason: added ciomment
OP Offline
This is the link to the train on eBay as I can't figure out the photo situation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263105216258?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I hope this is allowed

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
The only advice I can give you would be to contact one of the live steam groups in Florida (There are several listed on google) to see if they can assist you. The live steamers are quite used to large ride-able trains and may know of someone who would have interest in your item. Best of luck in your quest!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved