Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#691003 Sat Jul 22 2017 06:45 PM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
A friend found this "Brice B Gasoline" sign in a field in Alamosa, CO in the 1960s. She is not interested in selling, but would like to know a value.
I don't know size or condition of the other side.
Thanks!

BriceGasoline.jpg

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Oldgas #691010 Sat Jul 22 2017 07:34 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
size I believe would play a part in value with the smaller sizes being of more value
condition: of side shown, displays nicely w/ring
value: with what we have too go on- IMO minimum of 1200.+ .. ... cool

RANDY
Oldgas #691014 Sat Jul 22 2017 08:51 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not sure what the size of the one I saw, but it was at the Portland Show a few years back and the owner had $900 on it and it was sold before it got out of the trailer.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Oldgas #691028 Sun Jul 23 2017 05:00 AM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys. She will appreciate your help.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #691083 Mon Jul 24 2017 06:19 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
cool sign, but they spelled it wrong wink

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Oldgas #691137 Tue Jul 25 2017 06:25 AM
T
T
Hi – that's our sign. Jim was kind enough to put it up for me, but I decided to sign up for the forum because I'm curious to know anything about this sign.

It's way up on a high wall, so I can't easily get at it to measure it, but it's at least 36 inches. Good condition with only a few small chips – and no bullet holes. My husband is inveterate collector of junk and he used to spend a lot of his free time when he was younger in Colorado because he's a fan of narrow gauge railroads. He found this in a field in Alamosa and we really know nothing about it. I know about Cliff Brice, but every other sign I've found has his full name on it. I've only seen two others like this – one on someone's living room wall a building materials advertisment and one on someone's website – not for sale. I wrote to him to ask him if he knew anything but I never got a response.

Thanks for your interest in this and I appreciate any information you have!

Oldgas #691143 Tue Jul 25 2017 10:28 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Trish... the sign should be 42"

I have always kept my eye on them for obvious reasons. If yours is as good on the back as it is in the picture, and no touch ups or major surface scratching... it is worth around $2,000.

It is the same company as Cliff Brice, it is just prior to the branding changing to 'Cliff Brice'. When it was 'Brice' they were primarily supplied by Eason. The 'Cliff Brice' brighter colored signs are later when the company was joined with Shamrock Gas.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
BryceG #691192 Tue Jul 25 2017 09:43 PM
T
T
Great info, thanks! I asked my husband and he says, yes, it's 42 inches. And he says that the back is "almost" as good as the front. It always goes right up on the wall wherever we live, so we don't actually look at the back half very often.

Gosh it makes me wonder what the rest of our metal signs are worth. This is the only gas-related one, but we have many train-related items. He's a railfan and just as intense and geeky as you guys are about petroliana. It keeps him off the streets, so I have no complaints. (OK, well maybe I would rather have a garage that I could park the car in instead of stacks and stacks of train kits and other rolling stock. :-)

Gas wise, my interest tends towards Signal Gasoline because my father owned a Signal station in Pasadena, CA in the late '40s and early '50s. But I have no memorabilia except some paper ephemera and photos that I gave to Jim.

Thanks a lot for the information! That's a lot more than I ever knew before.

Oldgas #691217 Wed Jul 26 2017 05:01 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
(OK, well maybe I would rather have a garage that I could park the car in instead of stacks and stacks of train kits and other rolling stock. :-)
LOL. Thanks Trish. I read that to my wife as she shares your concerns. Misery loves company they say. Stay on OG there are Signal collectors and Railway memorabilia collectors here.

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved