Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I recently bought two signs that I have never seen before. Yes, they are very, very rusty (but I've never seen them, and the price was right). When they get to this point, I think they almost look like a cool piece of rusty artwork. I also posted them to share with all of you, if you've never seen them before.

I only found one picture of each sign on the internet. I found a picture of the Champion sign from an old auction in Alabama. I was wondering if anyone knew what year the sign was from.

I only found one picture of the Sinclair sign online. Interestingly, I found it on a Mafia historical website. Some mobsters were holding up one of their signs and the Sinclair sign is in the background. My question on this sign is if anyone knows the year, and original color scheme.

Also, if anyone owns these signs, please post a pic, it would be great to see a few more examples.

The first two pics are the signs I bought. The last two pics are the only two pics I found on the internet.

Thank you all for your help/input,
Steve

IMG_5103[1].JPG IMG_5106[1].JPG champion[1].PNG sinclair[1].PNG
Last edited by Speedracer; Fri Jul 14 2017 11:37 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Steve, I have the Champion one on the outside of one of my buildings that I picked up a few years back.

IMG_7271s.jpg

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Cool. Thanks for posting Mike. Now I can actually see the color scheme. However, mine seems to be the opposite colors, or it's similar to the one I posted from the internet (in front of the Coke sign), however that one looks like someone painted over the original by hand.

Would also love to see that Sinclair in color. I have to imagine its just green and white and the top circle is the same as the globe lens.

Thanks again for posting,
Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Sun Jul 16 2017 09:56 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved