Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#689794 Mon Jul 03 2017 06:18 PM
L
ldj Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Found a Southwest 72CR-1 pump. Quick look at pump parts there are hardly no parts for this pump. Am I missing something? Plenty of parts for all other pumps.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
ldj #689810 Mon Jul 03 2017 11:18 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not that common of a pump. The tooling costs of making parts would take a long time to recoup and even longer to turn a profit.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
L
ldj Offline OP
OP Offline
L
This pump is pretty well complete, won't need many parts. Glass over computer is broke and I don't see any glass kits for it. There is some rubber sold by the foot but I wouldn't know which rubber to get that would work. Also looks like crank reset handle is missing.

ldj #689840 Tue Jul 04 2017 02:27 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Glass can be purchased locally from any glass shop. Only need a size and pattern. Use cardboard. Try s channel rubber. It is the most common. If it doesn't you are only out about $20.00? That won't break you but you might get the rubber you need? Reset cranks can be purchased, aftermarket....just buy a universal unit. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Last edited by gasmansgp; Tue Jul 04 2017 02:28 PM.
gasmansgp #689912 Wed Jul 05 2017 06:15 PM
L
ldj Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I got the pump. It isn't bent up or rusted out. Something has happened to the computer. The drive that goes from pump to computer is bent.

IMG_20170705_192028_206.jpg IMG_20170705_183724_741.jpg
ldj #689947 Thu Jul 06 2017 04:10 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I don't think that it's bent. These were on gimbels in order to flex somewhat. Yours appears to just be pushed aside. It should straighten out? There was a short drive pin connecting the two parts. Looks like the lower coupler was pryed open to remove the drive pin? If you gut the pump, as is the norm, you only leave in the computer anyway. Everything is removed from the deleted pin down? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Last edited by gasmansgp; Thu Jul 06 2017 04:14 AM.
L
ldj Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By gasmansgp
I don't think that it's bent. These were on gimbels in order to flex somewhat. Yours appears to just be pushed aside. It should straighten out? There was a short drive pin connecting the two parts. Looks like the lower coupler was pryed open to remove the drive pin? If you gut the pump, as is the norm, you only leave in the computer anyway. Everything is removed from the deleted pin down? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Got the computer out and that shaft is bent not only where it sticks out but in center. The gears wobble and won't stay engaged with the ones on the price change. I plan to take the gears out and attempt to straighten the shaft. Looks like a tiny pin has to be driven out to remove gears before I can remove all that. If that pin is stuck like everything else was I probably won't be able to drive the tiny pin out. If I have to cut the shaft, where might I find another one? I have looked on internet and haven't found computer like this one, similar but not same. When I reset it, one side doesn't zero out. I have read how to correct this but the instructions aren't for one just like mine. I assume mine is a 12" since the rectangle part is 12" on long side. The round part is 9 1/2" diameter. The serial # is 628679. any help find instructions for the computer will be appreciated.

Photos of a thingy on pump frame I can't figure out. When computer mounts the part opposite from reset handle engages into it. This thing also has linkage that goes down to switch on motor but why does the computer engage it?

IMG_20170709_155635_169.jpg IMG_20170709_155658_828.jpg
ldj #690204 Mon Jul 10 2017 03:54 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Are you planning on the computer cranking to reset or are you just going to set it at zero and disconnect it? If you are doing the later, you need not dis-assemble it. Simple rotate the numbers until you get the correct ones you want facing front. If you want the first option? Most of us use either Joe Yokum or Tom Buckles, both are on here, for computer rebuilds. Both are very qualified and your computer will be perfect upon the return. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

L
ldj Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Are you planning on the computer cranking to reset or are you just going to set it at zero and disconnect it? If you are doing the later, you need not dis-assemble it. Simple rotate the numbers until you get the correct ones you want facing front. If you want the first option? Most of us use either Joe Yokum or Tom Buckles, both are on here, for computer rebuilds. Both are very qualified and your computer will be perfect upon the return. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

I want to make it reset and work when powered by electric motor. Would either of these two sell parts. I want to fix it myself. If I had a rebuilt computer I still need to know why both sides of the computer is connected to the pump.

ldj #690234 Mon Jul 10 2017 02:58 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted By ldj

I want to make it reset and work when powered by electric motor. Would either of these two sell parts. I want to fix it myself. If I had a rebuilt computer I still need to know why both sides of the computer is connected to the pump.
You need to speak to them. I am only offering a solution. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Last edited by gasmansgp; Mon Jul 10 2017 03:00 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved