Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#688636 Thu Jun 15 2017 04:58 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have what I believe are two doors to a National Gulf Oil Corporation (GOC) gas pump. The doors came out of a gulf oil service facility, have evidence of Gulf orange paint, a mounting location for the National porcelain badge that reads "Glass must be full before and after delivery" and look very similar to the doors on my collection of GOC pumps pictured below.

Pumps in the photo from left to right are a Tokheim 876, Dayton 1420-XG, Gilbarco 101, Erie 129, Erie 129B-12, Erie 129B-22 and a Bennett 378. (Not sure why I have so many of these rather plain pumps, but suffice it to say, they keep multiplying and I have an uncontrollable desire to expand the herd.)

Unfortunately, while I have a general idea of what I'm looking for, I have never seen a picture of a computer unit National GOC pump and this particular pump in not shown in any of Jack's books. Hopefully someone in the Oldgas family has a National GOC pump that uses the doors shown and would be willing to post a couple of pictures.

Any help that would allow me to know what the pump looks like would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Marshall

IMG_1266.JPG IMG_1269.JPG IMG_1263.JPG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
No help with your query Marshall, but love the line-up of Gulf pumps! Cool to see so many models in one pic!
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Marshall,
Those look like National C38 doors. I saw a picture of a C38 pump for sale on Facebook several months ago but at this time I can not locate it. I understand that it is a very rare pump. I will pm the name and number of the guy who has (had) it for sale.

Regards,
Dennis

Gas Pumps, Farmall tractors and 1968 Chevrolet Impalas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...I've seen several National GOCs; they're not that rare...some guy posted one on Facebook a couple years ago, asking an arm-and-a-leg...maybe that's where the misconception of their scarcity started...they look just like regular GOC pumps from the period, except the nozzle return, nozzle fork, etc., are the same as the regular A38...I couldn't swear that the ID plate lists it as an A38 or a C38...

...Marshall, my pump isn't that easy to get to at the moment, but I'll be glad to take what pics I can this weekend, when I'm pulling the switch box off the Tokheim for you...

Last edited by gulfiend!; Thu Jun 15 2017 07:29 PM. Reason: Damn spellcheck

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...this is the National C38 from Facebook:

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Dennis, thanks for the feedback.

Mark, I should have reached out to you, had no idea you had a National GOC. I couple of pictures would be great and confirmation of the model C38 would be terrific. I need to know what I'm looking for if I'm going to add another GOC pump to the collection.

Thanks to both of you for your time and information.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Mark,

When I started typing my message the photo wasn't there. Now that's what I call quick!!

Thank you.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...no sweat, Marshall - here's another pic of one, in the background of a photo posted in another thread:

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=688680#Post688680

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved