Next Thread
Print Thread
#688159 Wed Jun 07 2017 02:27 PM
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
I am not very good are researching so I hope someone can help me. About a year or two ago someone posted a great way mount a visible pump. He made a wood frame that went down in the concrete. It had rods sticking up to attach the base of the pump to.

Thanking you in advance,

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Jack Sim #688164 Wed Jun 07 2017 03:24 PM
A
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
A
Jack,

I haven't mounted a pump that way, but I mounted a gas station island light as follows:

Made two 1/2 inch plywood templates with holes drilled to match the mounting points.

Using nuts above and below the pieces of plywood, I attached lengths of threaded rod through the templates with the templates far enough apart to maintain the spacing of the holes.

I then welded lengths of rebar to the bottom of each threaded rod. Then I welded in lengths of rebar as cross bracing so the wood templates could be removed and the rods still maintain the desired spacing.

I then installed just one of the wood templates at the very top of the threaded rod, inserted the assembly in a hole and filled with concrete.

After the concrete set, I just removed the wood template and set the light post and ran nuts down to secure.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Jeff
Jack Sim #688177 Wed Jun 07 2017 06:50 PM

Jack Sim #688183 Wed Jun 07 2017 11:00 PM
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Neither are what I remember. This was just for mounting a visible pump. To prevent theft, he designed a square 'whatever' made out of 2 X 4s. It was square or actually matched the base of the pump. In each corner were threaded rods coming up from the first set of 2 x 4s, up and through the 2nd set of 2 x 4s and then coming up above the concrete. This square device was in a hole lower than the bottom of the slab and was encased in concrete.
The rods sticking above the concrete matched the holes in the base of the pump. You then set the base on these, bolted down the base and did whatever you wanted to the rods to keep anyone from unscrewing the nuts and stealing the pump.

I think I know how to make this, but his plans and pictures were so good I would like to duplicate what he did.

Thanks again everyone.

Jack

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved