Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Hi all,
just picked up this Model 10 Wayne pump. Does anyone know what year these were made? I'm assuming these are 1960's-70's?
Anyone know where I can find a hose hook? (it is missing on front panel)...I would like to place a globe atop of this unit, but do not want to put a socket hole through the nice top cover. Suggestions?
thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You could use one of those "globe desk light" I think vics66 has them. Chris

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Globes are too big for those little pumps and look out of place on them. Just my opinion---

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They are the small ones, like 8inch diameter. Chris

J
OP Offline
J
Chris, thanks. Yea, the 8" globe looks as if it would be perfect for that pump. The others seem too big. It looks like VIC66 has them. I'll ask him about mounting it onto the top.

Last edited by Johnnyrock70; Mon May 22 2017 04:53 AM.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
By 1963 Wayne referred to this style of pump as a "CONSUMER PUMPS ...for the private gasoline user."

The 10 delivered 13 gal. per minute.

It appears the unit was introduced in 1960 and was still in production in 1970.

I have both color sales literature and a parts manual available for sale.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Is your top flat enough to hold a globe?
It looks too convexed from here.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
J
OP Offline
J
yes, the top is con vexed...I was concerned about that. I may not put a globe on it after all. I like the pump because it is nice and small and doesn't take up the space like others do. I'm going to try and get the motor to run so the numbers will spin. I'll post more pics as I progress with the project. I still need a hose hook..I got a screwdriver in there temporarily. I'm going to replace the galvanized 90 degree elbow with a brass one. I just added the hose last night ...

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Gentleman, this pump was not used as a commercial pump, it never had a globe on it, it probably never even had a decal on it, it was not originally built to be used to attract customers to come in buy some gasoline. It is a consumer pump, it was used on farms, taxi garages, etc., any places where the only thought was to be able to keep track of the number gallons of gasoline that came out of the nozzle. The price of gasoline was never a consideration as to the use of this piece of equipment. It is very doubtful that there was ever even a decal on the pump let alone a globe. It was just a pump.
Also, consider this, these type of pumps were given to the farmers, etc. if they purchased their gasoline from the bulk plant that gave them the pump, but if you purchased the pump yourself, you had the ability to purchase your gasoline from who ever offered you the lowest price.
I was recently at a auction here in Missouri. A lot of great thing, but I saw a Gasboy pump sitting in its original place, still attached to the tank or whatever. The auctioneer walked by it, I didn't even ask if it was for auction, and no one else asked.
There will always be someone who will doll these pumps up to make them look great with globes and decals, but then nothing about them will be what a Tokheim 39, done in you name it, Sinclair, Mobil, etc., will really bring a looker to say, "I remember that pump, it is where my father used to drive up to, to get five gallons of gas back in the 50s.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved