Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#68720 Sun Jan 18 2004 06:08 PM
Here are a couple of the items that went home with me. Scott Shipers saw the globe and knew I was looking for one. He told me about where it was and I still couldn't find it. He practically had to lead me to it before I could see it. It was lying down and with that turquoise body, I couldn't see it. Duh!

Bob, you'll have to help me on the correct body for that globe. The next sign was hidden in a blanket under a table. No, I didn't see that either, but the seller noticed the Zephyr patch I pinned on my Oldgas.com coat. He probably felt sorry for me after he recognized I had a bad case of petroliana. He was going to put that in his collection, but let me have it after I paid him more than any normal person would. Thanks, Wendell. I know you really liked it too.

I do pretty good when people help me.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#68721 Sun Jan 18 2004 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim,
I "need" that globe. Haha.
The Zephyr Ethyl should be on a gill or red ripple gill body.
Nice stuff!
Bob

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 01-18-2004).]

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#68722 Sun Jan 18 2004 07:05 PM
Hi Bob,
A couple of guys suggested that I change that sign topper to read "Oldgas Oil Co" or "Oldgas.com Garage" The topper is missing some letters, so I might just do it. Sure does look like a globe, doesn't it? It is 23" long, 3 1/2" deep and lighted.

What's a red Gill body worth? I'm not sure I can live with that turquoise Capco.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#68723 Mon Jan 19 2004 02:54 PM
P
P
This was my first time to the columbia show, & I also got to meet & talk with Jim for the first time. What a great PR man for this hobby. I to lucked out & just came up on the I-70 wreck, had just stopped at the exit before to get gas for me & the truck, so I sat there & finished eating while I waited, I was lucky because I stopped right at that exit getting off the hwy was easy. I thought pump prices were reasonable & coming down as the day went on, there were a lot of nice globes with a wide range of prices. I was able to pickup some nice Kerr/McGee stuff for my collection! When I left I took Rt. 63 north to Macon Mo. just outside of Macon there was antique store? that had 13 gas pumps, oil can racks, lubsters & many signs, so I stopped & talked to the guy there but every thing I asked about was either not for sale or he didn't know how much the owner wanted for it. I had a great time at the show & got to talk with alot of great people
Thank's
Dug

------------------

#68724 Tue Jan 20 2004 08:40 AM
Hey Scott nice pictures and great cans. I don't have that Lion in metal. Would look better on my shelf. Ha Ha. Ted

#68725 Tue Jan 20 2004 07:58 PM
G
G
Some of use were not so lucky on the way home we ran into the traffic jam. Sheesh what a mess. Thank god we had GPS to maneuver trough the back roads! Sure wish there would have been more pumps there, oh well saving my money for another "rainy day" literally. Oh well good show and picked up a clock.

Dean

#68726 Mon Jan 26 2004 06:13 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Jim, that visible resembles my Wichita in lots of ways, mainly from the cast iron base just below the cylinder on up.

------------------

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved