Next Thread
Print Thread
#68622 Mon Mar 01 2004 07:24 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Myself and a few friends are seriously thinking about starting an event 20 miles north of Wilmington NC that much resembles these "Old Threshers Reunions" that occur in many places in the US. Being smart about it, we are talking about starting it small (like they say "baby steps") so it will get off on the right foot. Do you fellow oldgasers believe that a petrolanina swap meet/ BS day would mix well with this format? We're talking; good food available, a lot of old stuff (tractors, hit & miss engines, old craft demos, etc.) easy parking (the entire complex will be a large field), and strictly non-profit. We may find an entity to benefit from what little profit may accrue but that's still up in the air. We're thinking a small town Volunteer Fire Department.
If you have an opinion or idea please e-mail me at haninfrared@msn.com or just click on the e-mail icon.
THANKS for your time.
Sincerely,

Neal Dunn gpf

#68623 Wed Mar 03 2004 05:12 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Neal, When I started restoring pumps there were only several gas related shows across the whole country. Lately, it seems that if you took a notion....you could travel to one every weekend throughout the year. I think your idea is fine but it has been done to death by others. I wish you luck if you decide to try but. Just don't know if you will develope a following. If no quality vendors show up or if they show up and do not sell much.....it might be an uphill struggle that you don't need.....only my opinion as always. Paul

#68624 Thu Mar 04 2004 03:45 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks for the reply gasman! This idea may not work but I believe it's worth try. The vision I have is not to see how much money can change hands but supply a means for a good time and an education. I suppose a good analogy would be it'll be like going to a museum that serves barbeque not a shopping mall.
Here again I do appreciate your advice and certainly understand everything you are saying.
Sincerely,

Neal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved