Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#685841 Sun Apr 30 2017 08:16 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi Jim and other Zephyr fans,

I passed this defunct station the other day while I was out picking some stuff up. The plastic sign is now broken in a million pieces, but I found it on Google maps in better condition for you....

Enjoy,
Steve

zephyr[2].PNG zephyr _2_[1].PNG
Last edited by Speedracer; Sun Apr 30 2017 11:05 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm not sure if Zephyr is still in business elsewhere in the country. Maybe this is no big deal. But there are definitely no Zephyr stations near me.

Last edited by Speedracer; Mon May 01 2017 10:48 AM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Thanks for posting that photo. Cool old country store / gas station. Amazing that the sign is still intact.

That logo represents Naph-Sol Refinery of Michigan. I don't know their current status, but I believe they are no longer around.

I collect the Zephyr made by JD Streett of St. Louis. They are still very much in business, but no longer using the Zephyr brand. Their current signage for unbranded gas stations supplied by them feature "ZX" or "Z Xpress" as the brand.

http://www.jdstreett.com/products

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Naph-Sol Refinery was bought-out by Rock Island Refinery which was then bought-out by Marathon Petroleum. Marathon rebranded the Zephyr stations as Speedway stations. Most of the old stations have since been torn down and rebuilt.

Looking for Zephyr (Naph-Sol Refinery)items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I saw several of these Zephyr stations in the U.P. of Michigan & Wisconsin a few years ago. Don't know who owns them.

Dave

Picture 398.jpg
Last edited by Dave Rowlison; Wed May 31 2017 12:22 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved