Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This SHOULD have been my BOTW but Morphy's did a poor job of packing the sign. The shield points at 10 and 2 o'clock were bent over and the porcelain chipped. I complained, and to their credit they are taking it back for a full refund. Shame the sign got damaged though. They should know better. It was C9+ before this happened...

BrianH

IMG_7236.JPG IMG_7233.JPG IMG_7230.JPG IMG_7228.JPG

Brian H
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
And given the high packaging fees they've been charging lately, it definitely should not have happened. That's rotten luck.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Boy, to bend the points like that it really had to take one heck of hit!

Have gas all the time
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Done4, this sort of damage to corners is pretty common when you ship signs and the sign was not packaged properly. Could have been easily avoided. When I ship a sign I wrap it in wrapping paper (some painted signs will stain from the oils secreted by bubble wrap or plastic bags) and then I put the sign in a plastic bag or bubble wrap. I then tightly wrap tape around the sign. Then I cut a piece of cardboard one inch larger on all sides. Then I securely tape the sign to the cardboard ensuring the one inch spacing along the edges is maintained. Now, when (not if, but when) the shipper drops the package on it's edge the sign is protected by the one inch cushion allowing the cardboard to crumple without bending the sign. For heavier porcelain signs I secure the sign to a 1/8" piece of plywood cut the same size as the carboard wrap but leaving the one inch void along all edges of the sign.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...YUGE thanks to Ken (Richlube) for the single lens Gulf Marine White globe...I've had a single lens for 15+ years, and nary an opportunity to complete it...excellent packing job, too grin

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
glad it made it safe,thanks again ken

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved