Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I know this is a subject that has been beaen to death on the forum, but believe me, I have searched the archives and still have not found anything. I have the following PPG codes for Texaco red and green, but I can't find the cross-over for Dupont paint. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
Texaco Red PPG 70008
Texaco Green PPG 42783

Thanks,
Ted

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If you paint your unit using the above codes and then put your decals on the unit, chances are the green on the decal will not match the paint, that is why we suggest, take you decals to the paint store and have them match the colors on the decal.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
T
OP Offline
T
I'm painting an ECO Islander and don't plan to use decals. I don't even have a set of decals or a sign to have the painter take a picture of. Guess, I'll have to track down a sign somewhere.
Ted

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
ECOs and Islanders left the factory, not very many were painted different colors. During the last years of the ECOs they were powder coated. I tracted down who was supplying the powder and found out it was "Powder by the Pound." The color is "Mirror Red."

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Go to your auto paint store. Get the fleet color chip booklet out and pick a red that you like. The paint shop will use the code from the book to make your paint. Most gas companies only used the fleet colors as they were the most common and economical. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved