Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#681338 Mon Mar 06 2017 05:43 PM
L
LennyS Offline OP
OP Offline
L
was looking for some information on this sign and wonder if anyone knows of one for sale or knows anything about this style of sign. The picture is a sign from my grandfathers painting company . He passed in 1940 so the sign must be from the 30s. If anyone has this style for sale please let me know. I currently own a painting company and one like one for my office. Also if I can't find one is it possible to have one duplicated. Thanks in advance Norm Swan

IMG_0729.JPG
LennyS #683302 Mon Mar 27 2017 12:23 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very cool sign, I could see why you want to find one. My brother works for Sherwin Williams so my interest in these signs has increased over the last few years. If you hop over to Worthpoint.com and do a search you find a newer version of this sign probably used in the 40s or 50s. Basicly, a sign for contractors to advertise. I didnt see this exact sign, but must be others around.

If you can find a decent image of this sign (different contractor would be OK) it wouldnt be too difficult to have a design made up and then give it to a signmaker to do a print on vinyl that you could then stick on metal. Not sure if the sign is embossed, that would be hard to reproduce. Probably cost you $300 or so all said and done. If you clearcoat the vinyl decal it looks just like a flat metal sign.

If you go down the road of making a reproduction, feel free to PM me and I can give you some pointers to save a few bucks.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved