Print Thread
#683113 Fri Mar 24 2017 09:39 AM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
Hello all!

I picked this pump up last night for my collection, but need some help. Am I missing any parts? What would be the correct nozzle and hose? I'd like to find a rusty body for the globe, or a rough red crown. Here is a picture. This site is the best for pump info. Just want to complete this and leave as is. I'll light it up for sure!

IMG_9924.JPG

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Noah,
Looks heavy... wink

Brian H

Brian H
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
Well, we both know it ain't light! Lol. Thanks for hauling it!

J
J
Nice pump Noah. I believe this is the earlier model 55. You might be missing the crank handle and cast iron access doors on the round casting. Correct hose would be white cloth (1 inch) and banana nozzle with tabs. I have 3 of these, I really like them!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have access doors if the pump is a 65 (steel doors).

G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
Thanks Jim for the info! I know the white cloth hoses are tougher to find. I'm not too familiar with nozzles. Do you have a picture of one?

I would be interested if I can figure out what model it is. Is there supposed to be a tag?

J
J
White cloth hoses and banana nozzles are readily available through the regular suppliers of antique pump parts. To find out your model number,look for a tag or tags (one will have a serial number) in the area behind where your access doors would be. These tags are usually kind of corroded and can be difficult to read, might need to use a magnifying glass and flash light. According to Jack Sim's book An Illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps, your pump could date to 1918. Hope this helps! Jim

B
B
Brian, I have my books for sale on old gas at the present time one of them is on the Gilbert and Barker that was published in 1989 it has the History of the Co. Look for Gas pump books by BOB Lee. The model of your pump is a T-66 it is a Five Gallon their is a picture and Specifications: etc. BOB Lee.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved