Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Can someone PLEASE send me a picture of an original round White Star Staroleum sign?

I am struggling in my quest for a real one, because I have no pictures of a real one. Pretty much all the ones sold on Ebay are fake, I have plenty of those to look at from Rustyrelics.

Is an original 42" or 48"? Also, are all 30" signs fake? I sort of assume so but have no positive proof.

I would also like any pictures of a Staroline sign as well.

And if you know the differences between a real and a fake sign, could you please help me out. PLEASE DO NOT POST THE DIFFERENCES HERE, SEND A PM.

As far as pictures of real ones, you can send them to my phone (in profile) or e-mail (send PM for email address), or reply and post the pictures here (but send the known differences by PM please).

Below is the Staroleum sign, I am talking about. I have no idea if the one in the picture is real or fake.\

Thank you all very much,
Steve

[Or if you have one for sale, please let me know.]

8516306_2_l_1_[1].jpg
Last edited by Speedracer; Fri Mar 24 2017 07:00 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
this is a 30" & is: .. ... cool

therealmccoy (1).jpg IMG_2599[1].JPG
Last edited by advertologist; Fri Mar 24 2017 09:43 PM.

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
what size is the one you have pictured?
appears too be a match .. ... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Randy,

I can't thank you enough for replying and giving me something to study. The first pic I posted above is just one off google images from an old auction, so I have no idea if it is real or fake.

However, THE TWO I'VE POSTED BELOW ARE most likely FAKES. They are from Rustyrelics on ebay (unless he sold something real??? or would that be giving him way too much credit - LOL). Now I just have to figure out any differences between his and yours.

If anyone sees any obvious differences, please PM me. Please do not post them on here, I doubt India will change their current pattern, but why give them ammo.

It is a lot more difficult to determine on these simple signs, especially without elaborate graphics (reminds me of Phillips 66 signs).

Thanks again,
Steve

Possible Fake #1

Possible Fake #2

Last edited by Speedracer; Sat Mar 25 2017 01:48 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Also, I did a little more research and found out that the very first sign in this thread sold in a Matthews Auction in 2011.

https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/8516306

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PM sent .. ... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Randy, Bob (Lastgas15), and Jim T.,

I want to thank you all for taking the time to help me with this. I think Randy and I figured this one out (mostly Randy), and I am now confident when shopping.

Once one is in my hand that will help too. It always helps seeing them in person.

Thanks again to all. Without this website, I'm sure I would have a few more fakes in my collection.

If anyone else has any information, I'm all ears.

-Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Sun Apr 02 2017 12:06 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved