Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#682633 - Fri Mar 17 2017 05:04 PM Ford Corporation, "Fordera Automobile Oil"???
RPMRog Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
It's been a while since I've had anything interesting to post here but, here we go! I have eight (8) sealed bottles containing oil? The two largest bottles have a label "The Ford Corporation 149 Broadway New York City Chemical Department Fordera Automobile Oil" with various worldwide cities listed.

I have done countless searches and can't come up with anything other than Ford Corporation having a facility at that site in the 1910's thru early 20's.

Somebody tell me what these are! Please! The other six bottles have a sticker with a number that must somehow relate to the grade of oil? 6, 8, 42, 44, 46, 48. They are all sealed with a cork and melted wax over the top. They are different but what are they?

Attachments
IMG_2195 (600x800).jpg

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#682656 - Fri Mar 17 2017 10:55 PM Re: Ford Corporation, "Fordera Automobile Oil"??? [Re: RPMRog]
West Coast B/A Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: B. C. Canada
They look to be salesman samples of Ford Motor Oil. I have seen Motor Oil sample bottles ie (Shell, Texaco, etc) that were displayed & transported in custom brief cases.
Ford also had their own motor oil.
Here is a pic of a early Ford oil Can that was made by the British American Oil Company

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved