Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#682517 Thu Mar 16 2017 01:19 PM
916DLY Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

Well, I never thought it would happen to me. In doing some yard work in my urban backyard, I found six buried porcelain gas signs. There may be more. At this time, there are two styles and we have about three of each. I have spent hours trying to learn about Tidewater/Flying A/Veedol/Tydol and to determine value. I am interested to know more about their connection to my city and if anyone thinks that the California Auto museum would be interested. I know there was at least one Flying A in Sacramento. It is now boarded up.

Please help me determine the value of these signs, both individually and as a set.

There is some damage around the perimeter, mostly what you see is mud. I can post better pics once they are cleaned up, if needed.

Thanks!

IMG_3071.JPG IMG_3070.JPG
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
916DLY #682526 Thu Mar 16 2017 03:48 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Congrats and welcome to Oldgas!
I would get a metal detector out there. Ya never know, there might be some 6 footers under there.
Stations would sometimes just dig a hole and bury their old stock of signs and other stuff.
Your property probably used to have a Flying A station on or near it and you might have found one of those holes??!
Check out some of the buried signs, posts on here, there have been some very cool finds.
I had one of those TYDOL signs not too long ago that sold around the $400 range. Depending on the condition of them, you could get more or less I would guess.

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
916DLY #682609 Fri Mar 17 2017 07:07 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas. Congratulations on a nice find!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
916DLY #683148 Fri Mar 24 2017 09:10 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have seen them sell in the $400-$600 range depending on condition. If you clean them up and get some closer up pictures you may get more response. There was a lot of Flying A stations in Calif. Earlier Flying A stations were called Associated Stations. Their Aero-Type gasoline was advertised with a Large "A" with wings. Associated on the west cost merged with Tidewater on the east coast and became Flying A

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved