Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#677130 - Fri Jan 20 2017 09:19 AM Porcelain dealership sign
Craig Osbeck Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Portland Oregon
Sent this to ebay. 332096464583

Attachments
DSC05294.JPG

#677132 - Fri Jan 20 2017 10:07 AM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
Nice sign, not seen for sale too often.

#677141 - Fri Jan 20 2017 11:42 AM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
is this sign part of another sign, possibly neon? .. ... cool

#677177 - Fri Jan 20 2017 08:46 PM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Craig Osbeck Offline
Veteran Member

I had the larger size of this years ago and it was originally neon. This size that is listed now was a double sided sign with a can in between. I am selling the can that was in between with this. It does say the name of the neon sign company in the porcelain like my other one did. I will enclose a picture so that you can see what the larger model looked like. The colors we used were what we thought would be appropriate for the makes of cars. If someone knows exactly it would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments
PD0028.JPG

Edited by Craig Osbeck (Fri Jan 20 2017 08:47 PM)

#677637 - Wed Jan 25 2017 08:03 PM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Paul Bell Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Northern CA
Killer sign!

#677676 - Thu Jan 26 2017 08:36 AM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Craig Osbeck Offline
Veteran Member

Where o where are the people on ebay now. Sign topped out at $2100.00. Better off just making a neon sign out of it like its big brother.

#677680 - Thu Jan 26 2017 09:29 AM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Gasman84470 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Calgary AB
Where o where indeed. With all the re-pop stuff discerning buyers are turning the eBay channel off I believe. I keep getting prompts from them to buy and sell and they are getting more frequent. They offer more and more seller discounts (not huge ones mind you). From my POV the O&G stuff hardly seems worth paying attention to.

#677682 - Thu Jan 26 2017 09:36 AM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
DWSheffer Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Hillsdale, Michigan
I agree the reproductions are ruining the Ebay experience, which used to be the place to find goods. And all I can say is it serves Ebay right for their lack of concern. Like I mentioned in my Mobil post, there are so many repro pump plates now that I've seen originals no longer getting the bids as people are confused on what is what.
Darin

#677688 - Thu Jan 26 2017 10:43 AM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Done4 Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan, Union Pier
Maybe just maybe these crooks will get stuck with their inventory, but unfortunately others may get stuck with the junk already out there when sold to a newbie. Not good.

#677689 - Thu Jan 26 2017 11:02 AM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
I don't spend as much time searching out things on e-Bay right now. For the bit of a good stuff, you have to scroll through a million other items of junk. Getting to be very time consuming.

#677694 - Thu Jan 26 2017 11:59 AM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Jamie P Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Mass
Agree with all posts. Seems the real pump plates are coming way down in price do to supply of all the repos. And eBay is a land of junk. I find myself using eBay as a last resort to sell something. Would rather use this site and others like it. And the buying experience is pure frustration. Takes patience to find something legit and wanted. I also don't see many people selling like they used to on eBay. All related.

#677770 - Fri Jan 27 2017 11:44 AM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
minuteman Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Big Sky Country
Originally Posted By Craig Osbeck
Where o where are the people on ebay now. Sign topped out at $2100.00. Better off just making a neon sign out of it like its big brother.

Not sure what your reserve is Craig but basically you have 1/2 a sign in an 8 condition at best. Add in 200 for shipping. I don't think 2377.00 usd is that bad. That's about $3200.00 cdn so likely maxed out on price for cdn buyers.
I think condition is the biggest price factor on the sign, but then again that's just my opinion.

#677785 - Fri Jan 27 2017 03:15 PM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
BryceG Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Peoria, IL
in my experience, people tend to not even try on items with reserves. it probably would have done better without the reserve. i think ebay is also trying to weed out reserves... last time i listed with a reserve, it was like 8%! thats $120, just for setting a reserve of $1500! ouch

nice sign Craig... wish it would of done better for you

See some of my collection & Items for sale...
www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

#677786 - Fri Jan 27 2017 03:39 PM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Signs&Neons Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Midwest
I agree with Bryce that people often don't try too hard on reserve items. Unless it's a must have, really rare item that will bring the big money anywhere. I have had mixed success on ebay with good porcelain lately. Both no reserve auctions (which I hadn't tried much before now). One did ok, and the other went for what I considered a bargain for the new owner. The fees can sure add up for some sales options (ebay, auction house), but the reach is so much wider than Old Gas. I haven't tried selling on Facebook yet, but there sure seems to be a lot of activity. I just don't know if I can put up with all the drama there?? Sorry your sign didn't do better Craig.

#677822 - Fri Jan 27 2017 09:43 PM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Craig Osbeck Offline
Veteran Member

All very good points, and with the canadian dollar down makes it hard for them to bid and compete. The reserve comment Bryce was right on, spent $100.00 for nothing and see why people just put stuff on with a full price. Many are sold off ebay.
There is sooo much repro stuff on ebay, you are right takes forever to get through it and Then only hope that it is real when you get it.
The time to take stuff to the big meets is tough, for my stuff is all big.
I AM JUST HOPING TO BUILD THAT SHOP SO I DO NOT HAVE TO SELL THIS STUFF BECAUSE OF LACK OF ROOM.
Thank you for your many post all and look forward to new ideas on this topic.

#679726 - Sat Feb 18 2017 11:44 AM Re: Porcelain dealership sign [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Craig Osbeck Offline
Veteran Member

Sign is sold.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved