Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#675972 Thu Jan 05 2017 03:54 PM
OP Offline
Hi All, I am a new member. I'd appreciate feedback on the value of this globe as it stands, and would there be more value in separating the lenses or leaving it as is with the two different sides? It is a Dixie pump globe, with 2 different lenses. One side is a Power to Pass lens, the backside is rough to touch (e.g. raised paint on the letters on reverse side), and has a few small paint drips on front face. The other side of globe has an Ethyl lens, which is smoother (to touch) on the reverse side, unsure of age. The Ethyl lens has a small scratch by the 'L' of Ethyl (lower right), and a small chip on edge at the 3 O'clock tab position. The plastic body has mount tabs at both the 3 and 9 O'clock positions on both sides. I'm pretty sure the Power to Pass lens is an older one, the Ethyl I'm not sure - has there been any reproductions of the Dixie Ethyl lens? Thanks in advance.

Dixie Power to Pass side.jpg Dixie Ethyl side - minor window reflection.jpg View looking inside of Dixie Power to Pass - raised letters and paint.jpg Closeuup of chip on 3 oclock position of Ethyl side.jpg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Jukester #676972 Tue Jan 17 2017 06:07 PM
OP Offline
Is this an original or reproduction? Any suggestions on the value of this mixed lens globe, as it is?

Jukester #676990 Tue Jan 17 2017 10:17 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
It's all original. $200 or so per lens. People don't pay as much for a single unless they already have one. Hope this helps. The company was out of Ann Arbor MI.

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved