Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#665482 Mon Sep 05 2016 01:30 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I posted here on Old Gas before about the 100 year anniversary globe Sinclair Oil put out to help advertise their 100th birthday. They are also having a display to showcase the history of Sinclair Oil over the last 100 years. I have been in contact with Wendell White, if I recall, he is the historian for Sinclair Oil. He probably forgot more about the companies history than most of us know. Anyways, they are having the Mold A Rama machines at the exhibit. I think I remember mom and dad getting my brother and I a dinosaur out of these machines at the Ohio State Fair back in the day. Below is from one of the emails from Wendell;

As a follow up to previous emails, attached are photos of the Mold A Rama machines and the dinosaurs you will be able to make when you visit the Sinclair Dino Tracks Exhibit next Tuesday and Wednesday. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions. Wendell White

More info from Wendell;
The molds we are using were actually used at the 64-65 New York Worlds Fair. We are told by the owner that the machines were the ones used by Sinclair while the dinosaurs were on tour to over 40 cities for three years after the fair. The Dinoland inscription has been removed from the molds and "Sinclair Centennial 1916 - 2016" has been added. They were a real hit at the Sun Valley Jobbers Convention. I am sure the employees and friends in Salt Lake will be equally drawn to these machines. Wendell

And a little more info;

Sinclair has asked my help in preparing a presentation of Sinclair memorabilia over the past 100 years. The exhibit was made available for viewing at Sun Valley during the Sinclair Jobber Conference August 28 through August 30, 2016.

The exhibit will again be available in the Salt Lake City Office Lobby at 550 East South Temple on September 6th ... hours will be 7:45 AM through 6:00 PM. Also available September 7th .... hours will be 7:45 AM through 4:30 PM.

Parking is available under the Sinclair building. As you travel east on South Temple, Sinclair is on the right side of the street. Access the driveway on the east side of the building. After two rights you will be in parking level 1 (P-1). Proceed to the elevator in the west end of the building and press Level 1 elevator key.

I am sure this will be a first rate display if you are in the area to check out.

bront and t-rex.jpg brontandtrexsized (1).jpg

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ohio State Fair ...I remember these machines.I had the Bronto .They were still hot and somewhat soft for a few minutes too.. smile

Last edited by Keystone Gas Man; Mon Sep 05 2016 05:05 PM.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
There is one of these Sinclair mold-a-matic machines for sale on eBay. Item# 322272783011 A bit pricey at $25K.
cool item though...

-Dave-
Collects Dino era Sinclair & Mopar items

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved