Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Great pics. I dont think i would have brought enough $$$. Thanks for the pictures.

60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I figured the Marathon was fake that is why I took a picture of it.

I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
I've been going to Hershey since"72",this year was the worst yet.Very little quality,prices 3 times high retail.If you get something here priced right it's a miracle.I've given up expecting to get anything decent.I just go for the atmosphere.If you need parts for a car it's the place to go.Forget gas and oil.Maybe for the new guys who are forced to collect lower end there is a lot of eye candy.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Red Indian truck sign was also a fake guys . FYI the fakes are easily told from originals . If you ever need help with this please email me and ask . redindianguy@hotmail.com . the price will tell the tale . The last 2 Red Indian truck signs that have sold FYI went for in the 10 - 20 range . So if they are real they are not 850.00 . Just trying to help .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Thanks for the photos Henry, good seeing you out there.

Anyone know who had the New Jersey Marine Finishes sign ?

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for posting the pics.

-Matt
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I agree with Intagas. It was my first time and I told my wife I must have "sucker" tatooed on my forehead. There were some nice things and I was willing to pay retail but with the prices thrown at me, I couldn't even counter with a reasonable offer. Still had a good time though.

60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I do not know Red Indian signs but again I did not even look because common sense said it was fake.

My experience at Hershey this year was clearly different then {intgas}. I have only been going to Hershey for maybe thirty years and I always find things to add to my collection. There were some great deals on cans if that is an item you collect. I bought several for myself and ran into a friend that felt like he was cleaning up on deals.I saw lots of things trading hands.

I have always enjoyed Hershey and had a ball again this year.

60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
An example of a deal. The picture of the orangish pump with the visagage. When I saw it I thought , what a great pump, would love to have it. It was behind someone's truck and was marked sold. Shoot I missed out. Later in the week I was talking to a friend and mentioned that pump and he told me that he had bought it even though it was marked sold. He got a great deal on it. I wish I had pursued it even though it was sold, the opportunity was there. Two times that pump was sold for bargain prices. The third time it was for sale, it was at retail.

Hershey is all about being in the right place at the right time and making a quick decision. There is always plenty to go around.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I am going to have to make it there one of these days.

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i agree henry great show and great to see all you guys

Follow the Red Indian Trail
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
There are always a few good deals at Hershey. The problem is there are so many dealers, flippers and collectors there that anything priced right doesn't last 10 minutes!

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
I'm confused,how do you buy a pump that's marked sold?Being at the right place at the right time at Hershey with thousands of people and a few hundred acres could take years.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If your looking for bargains on SIGNS, its hard to find, its possible I guess. However other stuff (other than signs) can be had, usually not too much of a rip off.

G
G
This was my 30th year also. The meet seemed to be off this year. On Thursday you could cut thru all the rows in the Chocolate Field without going to the end. It used to be you could find a few items to flip to pay for your spaces but now its not easy. The meet opens at 7 AM Tuesday for Setup. There are Bikes, Golf Carts and trucks running from one spot to another all day. Past Gas came with many used pump parts but one pump part dealer bought everything first early in the morning. That was the end of that. Then John Taylor from Phili comes on Tuesday at 4 pm with about 40 eco air meter mechs and about 15 pumps. You need to be there because all dealers are right there buying most in a hurry. These guys pick this place in a hurry and make their living this way. Hershey is still great for the Car Show on Saturday.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved