Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#664467 Fri Aug 26 2016 05:21 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Hi all! Im a newbie from Norway, and I recently came across a few items that none of my collector friends have heard of up here, and I cant get much information on it off the internet either. Can anybody tell me about age, rarity (or not smile ) and a value estimate of this?

Any help will be highly appreciated smile

Lubroleine front.jpg Lubroleine rear.jpg Lubroleine top.jpg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hello Per Erik. Welcome to Old Gas. I don't know about the company nor age(I would guess 1940's), but I believe value might be around $75-$100. One thing I see is that it is a rectangular(closer to square rather than a flat)one gallon can. While there are some valuable cans in this configuration, I personally don't like them and don't believe they are as collectible. Maybe someone else here knows the company history.I hope this helps.

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
The company now goes by the name Lubriplate Lubricants Co.

The can may have a date along the seam line on one of the narrow sides. There are collectors for only this style can, just as much as there are collectors for the earlier square and 'flat' cans.

The cap, handle, and graphics make me think this is likely 1940s into 1950s.

Value for 2 gal cans can range from $40 and up. Being they are still in business and the graphics aren't grandios I'd not expect the value to go north of $75 but that's only my opinion.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for Your kind help guys! Im away at work for a couple of weeks but I will check more closely for a date for sure. I wonder how it ended up here in Norway,along with another few products I didnt know was sold up here, Monogram and Veedol. I hope You dont mind me uploading pictures of those too, on these items I found more information on the internet but any ideas about age etc is very welcome smile

P
OP Offline
P
Here are pictures of the Monogram quarts and a filler can. Also two quarts of Veedol (grease I guess), and a Pennzoil. They are unopened. Pennzoil we still have up here but I dont know how the others came here . Sorry for the dirty appearance, havent cleaned them up yet smile

Monogram.jpg Monogram filler.jpg Veedol.jpg Pennzoil.jpg

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved