Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#662665 Fri Aug 05 2016 10:28 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
So this is pretty darn cool. Gas Pump Rob asked if he could stop by for a visit last week on his way to Iowa Gas. I did not leave until Sunday to head there so I said sure. Anyways, he arrives and we visit and talk about a bunch of things. So he checks out my collection and I look at the pumps he had picked up along the way to Iowa Gas. At this point nothing rang a bell in my head yet! LOL, just wait..... As he is getting ready to head out, he mentions this Southwest pump, its pretty rough, but my Dad and I can straighten and fix it up. He throws out a price and we agreed on a deal. As we are hauling it to my backyard a light goes on in my head! I realized that I just might have the pair of missing doors for this pump. As it turns out I had a set of doors for the pump! It is really odd because I picked these doors up 6 or 7 years ago from a farmer because I thought I would hang them on the wall since they looked cool. Instead I piled them in a corner in the shed and forgot about them until the pump made me remember them! I guess all I can say is thank God I hung on to those doors for so long. I never thought I would find the pump that they go on, not to mention this pump needed doors anyways!! How crazy is that?? Ahh gotta love the hobby and the great people in it! Thanks again Rob!

More pictures to come of my IG buys in the next buys of the week....

IMG_0224.jpg IMG_0228.jpg
Last edited by bsplichal95; Fri Aug 05 2016 10:30 PM.

Braden Splichal

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Great story on how these parts came together!! Glad they found eachother!!
Also, great looking pump. Some nice lines.
Are those pieces in the corner of the windows stainless?

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
And that is how hoarding starts..you never know when you'll need that: part, door, whatchamacall it! LOL
Nicely saved and put together Braden.
Fred

W
W
Looks like they have always been together!
Trevor

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ditto. I wonder if they are for that same pump! Really odd they match up that well.

Last edited by keithia; Sat Aug 06 2016 08:30 PM.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Nice addition Braden!

Always looking for more Derby, Vickers, KanOTex, & Elreco gasoline & oil items!
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks my friends!

Steve, they honestly look like pot metal? They are small cast pieces in the corners. Pretty dang cool pump I think.

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice. I agree with the others... almost looks like they came of that same pump, now wouldn't that be something.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I though the same thing is it possible ? Yes it could be. Years of being apart they are reunited!The farmer said the doors had been missing for years so who knows.The farmer also used a skidloader to hit and remove the pump fast from where it had been used last. It stopped working and he hit it broke the base, bent the frame,and pushed it into a pasture. He was done with it LOL. I bought it and it was so heavy that I could barley get it on the trailer! I always wanted one of these but I decided that finding doors for it plus the other damage was more than I wanted to take on. The visit with Braden and his family was awesome. Thanks for the tour of your collection Braden! I am so glad that pump has been rescued and remains in Kansas where it came from!

Rob

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Rob! I appreciate it!

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved