Next Thread
Print Thread
#66255 Wed Dec 08 2004 10:08 AM
B
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
[MICHIGAN GAS JULY] WE NEED VENDOR INPUT ON THIS, WE HAVE BEEN THINKING OF HAVEING ANOTHER MICHIGAN GAS SHOW IN JULY. THAT WOULD MAKE 3 SHOWS FOR THE YEAR. FREE BAR B=Q WITH THE WORKS. CAMPIMG ON GROUNDS LIVE BAND LARGE VENDOR SPOTS ETC. PLEASE GIVE SOME INPUT , CHEESE

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Cheese, we also have thought about adding a second show here in Seattle in the spring. I have wondered what happens when you get to many of these going all over the 48 states will you attract long distance buyers and sellers or would it just be the same locals each time? I remember when there was only 5 or 6 bashes a year in all 48 states and it was a big deal to take the time off from work and go to a bash 6 or 8 states away. What do you think guys can we get to many of these bashes going? Does it hurt the turn out or quality and number of items for sale? Would there be enough support and turn out for a second bash in Seattle each year? Let hear what everyone has to say on this topic.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is 1 thing i have noticed... there are a lot of vendors that bring the same thing. Nothing wrong with that but when guys bring the same thing to shows over and over and everyone starts doing 2 or 3 shows than it starts looking like a broken record. Now you add the auctions in there... i know Aumann is trying to give guys breaks between shows and have a hard time setting dates for there auctions. I think the market will be flooded. I might be wrong on that but look at the events page... look at all the shows. Do you think vendors are willing to travel and spend the whole weekend in a motel. When are guys going to get all the money to travel to 6 or 8 shows a year and afford to buy anything? I know i am trying to get Rex and Bob to come to the Evansville show... yes it's not a huge show and is fast but it is a great show. Set up and show all in about 6 hours and you have a weekend left. I wouldn't mind having more shows... but to drag them out for 3 days could stop. Look at Peotone for example... auction of Fri. set-up Sat. and show Sun. by the time Sun. get there i am ready to go. LOL

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
I Agree with jarvis, I don't have the money for all the shows, Next year I would like to be able to make two shows ,but with all that I have on my plate that will even be hard to do , one show that I would like to make is Peotone , and the other is Michigan Gas, Maybe 2006 will be different, I like what Jim did and thats to combine a Vacation for the wife with a one day gas show for me, although a July show would be warmer and I would lean towared that one instead of the October show,But I would like to go somewhere different every year,Take in the Southern and the Eastern shows and then start working my way to the west coast shows ,I want to buy but I want to meet people too , Cheeseman your a natural born promoter ,The only way to know if Michigan can support 3 shows is to do it and let the chips fall where they may

Chris Holt
B
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
great input guys, thanks a million on your posts. 3 shows might be a tad much, cheese

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved