Next Thread
Print Thread
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Gas pumps, visibles, clockfaces, electrics
Gas and oil signs, oil cans

Auction Date: June 21, 2008, June 22, 2008

Address: 3725 Symmes Road, Hamilton, Ohio
Directions: From I-75 take I-275 west to 747 North, left Union Center continue road becomes Symmes Rd. to auction site-just past Seward Rd on left side of road.
http://www.michaelangeloauctions.com/auction_06-21-22-2008.htm

Saturday's Auction

Partial list: Original Sleighs; Garden Tractor Collection; Old Tractors; Large Advertising Sign Collection; Antique Gas Pump Collection; Mae West Gas Pump; Tokheims; Churns; Pinbacks; Sports; Amusement Ride Animals; Spring Playground Animals; Original 4 Dr. Amish Buggy & Horse; Columbia Hi-Wheeler Bicycle; Early Gasoline Signs; Gas Pump Globes; Old Tools; Primitives; Railroad; Early Coca-Cola & Pepsi Machines; Firefighting Equipment: Early Firefighting Hose Cart; Early Shell, Mobilgas, Indian Gasoline signs & more signs, Original Barber Poles; Oil Reservoirs w/ Pumps; Early Porcelain Signs; Milk Cans; Railroad Cans; Lance & Tom's Candy Machines; Soda, Candy, Beer, Farm, Gas & Oil Advertising Signs; Original Gas Station Light Towers-must see; Oil Can Collection; Clocks; Lg. Signs; Soap Box Derby Car; Paper Items; Early Machinery; Ealry Tools; Lighted Signs

Sunday's Auction

Partial list: Garden Tractor Collection; Old Tractors; Large Advertising Sign Collection; Churns; Antique Early Boat Motors; Traffic Lights; Railroad Crossing Light w/ Bell; School House Lights; Glass Minnow Traps & Fishing Tackle-Rods; Postcards; Pinbacks; Sports; Amusement Ride Animals; Spring Playground Animals; Stack Bookcases; Original FRENCH BAUER POR. SIGNS; CINCINNATI POST ORIGINAL SOAP BOX DERBY CAR, ADDYSTON, OHIO ITEMS & MORE; A lot of Old Tools; Steel Tractor Wheels; Primitives; Early Railroad Folding Brass Wash Stand; Giant Fiberglass Statues; Fire Helmets; Soda, Candy, Beer, Farm, Gas & Oil Advertising Signs; Badges; Cast Iron Items; Fancy Coffee Grinder w/ Towers; Three Stooges Statues; Scooters; Tin Toys; Old Toys; Tonka; Advertisng Items; Cast Iron Items; Clocks; Lg. Signs; Old Die Cut Halloween; Marbles; Glassware; Antique Display Cases; Paper Items; Early Machinery; Early Tools; Oil cans; Lighted Signs

The Michael Angelo Auction Company
Toll Free (877) 330-5964
auctioncaller@aol.com http://www.michaelangeloauctions.com/

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Anyone doubting the strength of our hobby, I can tell you based upon the above auction it is super strong. The quality ran just a little above average to little below average and everything brought good money. Ex. Tokheim 850 above average brought 2800, Erie 753 clockface above avg, 2850, Fry 117 5 gal, 2850 and a Bennett 541, avg, 2000, 3 National A38 above avg, 1850 to 2000. A pair of American pump lights brought $2800.
This was the first day, more stuff tomorrow.
The sale was not set up well in my opinion, kinda like a Chinese cluster but everything sold well.

Mick

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
As soon as I saw this post I knew it had to be Buzz's collection that was being sold. I had the chance to meet him and his daughter last summer. My wife and I was driving from southern Indiana on our way up to Waynesville Ohio and we both saw all this petro stuff a block or so off the highway we were on. I found the first place I could to get off the highway and hit the side streets till I found it again. I pulled into the drive and started takeing some pictures when I heard someone say you just found my museum and I am Buzz I didn't even see him on the other side of his truck. He told me to have my wife get out and he would show us around some, He took me into the basement of his house and into 2 or 3 other buildings and. I can't beleave he could know what all he had but after talking for at leest 2 or more hours I think he did know not only what but where he had it at. I didn't see more than half of his stuff but I saw alot. When we left he told us to come back as we were welcome anytime sure was planing to take him up on his invatation guss I waited to late to go back.

George

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Second day report; Auction started at 11 am and had more stuff to sell than the first day. The owner had EVERYTHING you can imagine, not just gas and oil. I left around 3 pm and they had an estimated 5+ hours to sell. I believe this was a test auction as the daughter kept all the good stuff for a future sale, that's the one I want to attend.

Mick

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Mick, you could have bought whatever you needed. The bank of Liter was there with you to foot a loan. LOL

Phil

Thanks, Phil

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved