Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
current pace is about 70 items per hour if my calculations are correct.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pumps a good buy...so was the restored pipe organ pump

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
The other coin op was a good buy along with yes the pipe organ and others. You never know though how high the winning bidder will go.
The wooden gas station though was out of the park.

Last edited by Craig Osbeck; Sat Jul 23 2016 12:21 PM.

Craig
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I just got ROYALY SCREWED!!!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED on the Sunoco globe!!!!! I'm bidding away and all of a sudden, Boom!! Boom!! SOLD!!! Total BS!! Total BS!!!!!!! I had plenty more still in the hopper!! ***** me off!!!!

If an Olgasser got this Sun Oils globe, get in touch with me, you'll make a good profit!!

Last edited by Steve C.; Sat Jul 23 2016 12:42 PM.

Steve Coppens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Steve C.
I just got ROYALY SCREWED!!!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED on the Sunoco globe!!!!! I'm bidding away and all of a sudden, Boom!! Boom!! SOLD!!! Total BS!! Total BS!!!!!!! I had plenty more still in the hopper!! ***** me off!!!!

If an Olgasser got this Sun Oils globe, get in touch with me, you'll make a good profit!!

I too was bidding on an item and in the lead...got out bid...and seconds later (like ONE)...hammer down SOLD! The consignor lost...I was just getting started. $1000's lost...

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You know the same happened to me last time. I had a bid in for a globe that preceded the auction by 2 weeks and then at the auction a floor bid of the same value was recognized over mine and while I was digesting the facts, the gavel drops and I never had a chance to respond. I enquired and was told some poppy cock about the floor getting priority over the internet...but that is for simultaneous bids. At least when I lost today the bidder had a higher $amount.

Last edited by Gasman84470; Sat Jul 23 2016 02:43 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

exactly the same thing happened, auctioneer not in the sellers best interest & costing the seller & auction house plenty- what we were bidding on I was willing too go 3k more then bam auction ended- no way too run a auction, I'm not happy with morphy's! ! ! like it was done intentionally .. ... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morphy's has to simultaneously record bids from the floor, LiveAuctioneers, Morphy's Website, & Proxibid. Deciding who's bid takes priority is a just a matter of how the bidding sequence falls on any given item.

the delays and the moments items end are random... and super frustrating if trying to bid live. I always bid ahead of time now.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I was told a couple years ago by someone at Morphy that it was best to use the Morphy website (hibid) for online bidding. It might only be advantageous for pre-bids, however.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
My guess is there are manual delays in the electronic response you see on line. In other words somebody at Morphys is not triggering the response to buyers online quick enough and the auctioneer gets ahead of them and they quick trigger to catch up. Only my guess. I've lost 3-4 items in each of the last two sales and lost another one today. Glad it's only a hobby and not my lifes blood or I would be very upset.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
In response to the above 6 postings, Well then they need to SLOW THE HELL DOWN!!!!
How about this for an explanation. Morphy's Sucks!!! I am livid! I will never participate in one of their auctions again. Oh yah, like they care! They're on they're way to the bank!

Last edited by Steve C.; Sat Jul 23 2016 09:41 PM.

Steve Coppens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Slowing down is not the answer. They aren't really going that fast. I attended the first of this series of auctions last October. It was painfully slow in person! Slowing down will create other problems.

I bid online in the April auction and lost two globes I thought I had bought. I was briefly shown as the winner on one of them. I'm not a bit happy about it, but I realize there are many potential problems with bidding online. Bottom line if you can't be there call ahead and arrange to bid live on the phone.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
There's NO excuse!!!!! I'm not going to cater to their inabilities to not do their job correctly!!! That is unacceptable!!
If your going to do something, do it right! Or don't offer the online service only to dive up the prices, yet the service is half a$$ and there is no guarantee it will work!!!
NO!! I am not going to cater to them!! They did a screwed up job and they deserve to be called out for it!!!

Steve Coppens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There's NO excuse!!!!! I'm not going to cater to their inabilities to not do their job correctly!!! That is unacceptable!!
If your going to do something, do it right! Or don't offer the online service only to dive up the prices, yet the service is half a$$ and there is no guarantee it will work!!!
NO!! I am not going to cater to them!! They did a screwed up job and they deserve to be called out for it!!!

totally agree, a "disservice" too both "seller & buyer" .. ... cool

RANDY
M
Mattgas Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
To everyone on this post, I have been both a bidder and a seller on a online bidding platforms, since 1999.

This is what I have always preached to everyone that has ever ask me about bidding online.

Put an absentee bid prior to the live event, that way you bid will be there, that is what I do for every online auction I participated in whether my own or someone else.

Morphy's auction goes way to slow, we are selling at maybe 60 lots per hour, when I was in business I would sell over a 100 per hour.

So if you really want to buy something at any auction, prebid, phone bid or be there.

So let me heard the ***** now.

Last edited by Mattgas; Sun Jul 24 2016 04:10 AM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved