Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hello everyone,

I recently (finally!) found my first "gas pump" related item. and I'm PUMPED about it XD I have went through a few websites selling gas pump items and resto items, and have searched through Oldgas search as well as Google, but I am unable to find much information about face plates themselves. I kinda thought it was a Gilbarco face plate. What confuses me is when I think I finally found a similar plate, they have black surrounding the square holes or something whereas mine are all just white. I am going to sell these plates as I don't have any gas pumps to put them on, but I want to be able to let the buyer know what kind of pump they would fit on in case they are not sure. I don't know a whole lot about pumps and I don't know if these things can fit other models or not.

Thank you for any help, it is very appreciated!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...generic faces from a later pump...as such, there's little demand for them...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
These were used when they changed out the computer from three wheel to four wheel.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Not to worried about the demand on an item, I buy what I think is cool! I figured they are generic, but what pumps would they fit? Or would this be a universal face plate that would fit several different models? I was also thinking it was an Erie. I do know of a few gas pumps kicking around the island, but there isn't many because nobody likes that stuff down here. But if I know someone who's got a use for them, I would rather see them in use on a restoration, rather than sitting on my wall!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
They were used on a Petroquip/Wayne pump and sold as the Universal model.

uni 001.JPG

Imperial Oil collector..
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
By the time these were made Erie was long out of business. Maybe they could fit some Erie, but as everyone is saying they were made in a generic basis so that they would fit any four wheel computer.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...the reason why I mentioned demand:

Originally Posted By cancollector
I am going to sell these plates as I don't have any gas pumps to put them on

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved