Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#654277 Thu Apr 28 2016 10:03 AM
B
brian68 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello. Did you hear a US court is allowing the return of the Esso brand name to the US? This might be the thing to watch, as Esso is my favorite gasoline brand.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That would be cool.. We have Gulf stations here and there...Now Esso would be awesome. There are Pure stations in Va and Eastern WV..Clark too... A lot of older gas co. names are coming back.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
G
GHH Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Here in NC we have Pure, 66, and Gulf...I'm sure there are more I cant think of so Esso would be another interesting addition

G. H. H A T L E Y
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Always great to hear and/or read that an "Old Oil Company Name from the past" has risen from the ashes....

Here in the Longview/Kelso area we are lucky enough to have Stations affiliated with: Shell, Texaco, Chevron, ARCO, Sunoco Racing Fuels, 76 (still haven't gotten use to the dropping of the Union Oil name), Mobil and EXXON...

As well as other Stations that are tied to Independents and other Oil Company's that aren't as old as Shell, Mobil... etc...

I don't regularly buy from any Station besides the Independent Supplier that supply's Safeway... So, I had forgotten that we have a pretty good selection here in this small Community...

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
R
R
It all comes from the same refinery, just like it did 75 years ago..I used to ride with my Dad in an old Diamond Reo, delivering gas to all the stations in the central Illinois area. Shell, Standard, Sinclair, DX, you name the brand, it all came from the same place..

My Dad put his little brother to work driving one day...Dad gets a phone call from Uncle Kieth "Oh *****, I just put 1000 gallons of regular in the premium tank, what should I do?"

Dad calls the station owner, informs him of the mistake, what do you want to do?

Station owner.."Well, Looks like I just made an extra 4 cents per gallon"

Last edited by Ricker; Fri Apr 29 2016 12:50 AM.
R
R
[/URL}

I always sat right above the luberfiner. Dad always sat behind the wheel, which is on the wrong side here..

Last edited by Ricker; Tue May 03 2016 08:32 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Since you are saying "it all came from the same place" are you saying there is no difference in the brands/quality?
shocked

Nice tractor!

Last edited by hawkike; Thu May 05 2016 10:30 AM. Reason: nice
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By hawkike
Since you are saying "it all came from the same place" are you saying there is no difference in the brands/quality?

the difference would be the additives (blend) .. ... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By advertologist
Originally Posted By hawkike

the difference would be the additives (blend) .. ... cool

You are correct Randy,a lot of people have the idea that because it came from a common terminal that it is all the same.I posted that just to see what the response would be!Stir the pot!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A friend of mine worked a Chevron station here and said the driver added the techron when they filled the tanks.And mix premium and regular to get plus grade.

Last edited by Keystone Gas Man; Thu May 05 2016 05:27 PM.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My Dad put his little brother to work driving one day...Dad gets a phone call from Uncle Kieth "Oh *****, I just put 1000 gallons of regular in the premium tank, what should I do?"

It could of been a lot worst if he would of put diesel fuel in the the gas or vice versa . it would of been a night mere !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I did that to my truck in the eighties--now they got the diesel pumps marked better.

I always thought as a kid that Esso just changed their name to Exxon. Do you think they will bring the tiger back? I remember when Esso stations had the tiger tails, you could attach to your gas cap door.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved