Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello guys!

I'm thinking about making replacement parts for the alemite and lincoln engineering workstations or "service merchandisers".
Just wanna know how much demand there would be. The more parts I can sell, the cheaper they will be. Plus, the more resources I will be able to put towards making other parts and maybe parts for the graco/kent moore/natkin/sure benches.
Will be starting with the stainless trim, doors and door badges for the alemites. As some of you may know, a lot of the sheet metal on the alemites were made of aluminum. I will be making all of the sheet metal parts out of steel. If you have an aluminum one and are planning to restore it, you're probably gonna have problems unless it's in excellent shape and even then, you're better off with steel. I've never seen an aluminum alemite that didn't need the doors replaced!
Will also try to produce stainless for lincolns and eventually the "lift-up" center doors for both types of alemites and for the lincolns as well.
If there are any members of this site who can do small batch metal stamping, casting, die casting or roll forming, or any other type of manufacturing that could assist in any way, it would be greatly appreciated please pm me.
Please,please spread the word. I'm not a wealthy man. If i'm gonna do this, i'll need to sell as many parts as i can to pay for all of this! grin

THANKS OLDGASSERS!!!

Last edited by johnnyreb; Mon Mar 28 2016 07:34 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If you need any literature on the products made by these companies, I probably have over 60 lbs. of lit. for them and a few other (Gilbarco, Hunter, etc.). Let me know if interested.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
OP Offline
Hello Jack
I bought a bunch of Lincoln literature from you a few years back. I would love anything you could come up with!

OP Offline
I just heard back from Lincoln engineering. The guy I contacted says that he would authorize the use of the name and logo to make the "badges"! I really didn't expect to get anywhere with that...:)

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Lincoln offices are less than five minutes from where I live.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
K
K
Any idea where I can get an emblem, the stainless just above the emblem and the upright piece that goes on the back of the top of a Lincoln Model 2765 Series D. Kirk T

Kirk T.
"In God I Trust"
OP Offline
i'm not familliar with that model number or what you mean by "upright piece that goes on the back top" i have a few lincoln emblems but have plans for them.

I bought this Lincoln Workstation from a retired Lincoln mechanic, it was removed from the dealership he worked at in Texas. I'll figure out how to post some pics, I'd be interested in any literature if available too.

Last edited by Unicorn1; Tue Mar 07 2017 06:24 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
These workstations are cool...I would like to find one locally.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved