Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just called and asked that question. The person on the phone told me that they hadn't gone to print yet (????) but they hoped to have them in the mail sometime before Christmas.
I'm disappointed:(

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Help a noobie out. What are these catalogs for when the entire thing is listed online?

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Steve C.
Help a noobie out. What are these catalogs for when the entire thing is listed online?

Reference material, Petro Libraries, Easier to have discussions and show people first hand with a book

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The catalog that they put out is such high quality that I would buy all of the ones for Kyles collection, even if I wasn't interested in purchasing anything! In this electronic day & age, its too easy to sit at a computer and view these images, but electronic media is only momentary, meaning it is there for the time you are viewing it. With printed media, I am able to peruse the pages back and forth, and make notations, and during the auction, I write down all of the prices attained, and suddenly I have a piece of gas & oil collectible history at my disposal! I can reach over to the shelf and take down the book and quickly glance thru the pages, while comparing the images to some other in question! There is just so much more satisfaction in viewing the images on paper than electronically for me.
Perhaps 100 years from now, if someone has saved my catalogs, they might even be worth something for someone to sit and enjoy, but I doubt the electronic version will be retained?
Maybe its that I'm just too old to embrace this electronic media the way the younger generation does, but somehow I find a whole lot more satisfaction in viewing the printed version. Kind of like, the feeling that it gives it more permanence??

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By K W FRITH
I write down all of the prices attained, and suddenly I have a piece of gas & oil collectible history at my disposal!

Perhaps 100 years from now, if someone has saved my catalogs, they might even be worth something for someone to sit and enjoy, but I doubt the electronic version will be retained?

Now that does make sense!!
Thanks guys!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I hope they go to a cardboard mailing envelope this time instead of bubble wrap. I was disappointed that both outside corners on my first catalog were crushed frown Looking forward to having the whole set of catalogs as a reference.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Catalogs are supposed to be mailed either Friday or Monday, is what the ad department told me this morning. There are about 400 more lots in this auction of the one on Oct 5.

This auction will feature about 90% of the items coming from the former Kyle Moore collection and most of the rest has come from the Dewie Henderson collection of Virginia.

The next auction will be April 23 & 24 about 70% of the items will be from the Kyle Moore and Dewie Henderson collection. We will be also selling from a motorcycle memorabilia collection.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
So other collections that are coming into Morphy's will be the Craig Stater collection out of Iowa, will be sold on July 23 with Kyle items.

And I just picked up Robert Liter collection yesterday with the help of Phil McCauley and two old man. Robert stuff will be sold starting with the April, July and October auctions.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Also the Jan 9&10 auction items should be on display by next week, if anyone is in the area and wants to come in and inspect the items.

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
And may I add that Robert would be honored to have Dan handling this, thanks so much for helping out the Liter family. Dan is a man of his word and follows through exactly as he says, Ruth says hello.

Thanks, Phil
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B

Hi Dan

When you are combining auctions, will the buyers be able to know what collection they are coming from ? Internet buyers also ?

Thanks Doug

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Can the books still be ordered?

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Certainly--just go to Morphy auctions and surf around a little. you'll find it. If you have trouble just call me.

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ok Thanks Kevin

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I just ordered my catalog, i too hope they pack them better this time, my also was damaged…..

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved