Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#639500 Fri Dec 04 2015 03:41 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I have long known that there were possible side effects from being too seriously involved in this gas & oil collectibles hobby, and I have finally discovered one!
The Warden has told me in the past that I concentrate too hard on computer information and spend way too much time staring at the computer screen, and she was worried as to the effects on my eyesight and even my mental stability! I, of course, told her not to worry, as I was in complete control and would know if anything was happening to me.
Wanting to be sure, she snuck up on me after a particularly long online auction (I think it was the Kyle Moore auction) where I had been in front of the computer for longer than 8 hours! She asked me to turn around and as I did, she snapped a quick picture of me. I asked why the picture and she replied that it was nothing and she was only making a record of my activities. Thinking nothing of it, I continued on as normal, and have until this afternoon!
It seems she sent the photo along with a daily log of my activities to a doctor of psychiatry for analysis, and the full report came back today.
Seems the good doctor wants me committed immediately and he intends to question me at length about my methods of operation and my connections within the hobby? He wants my full collection transported to his house for examination and categorization, and has requested that my computer be brought along also?
I was a little worried until they medicated me with some Spotted Cow from Wisconsin, and I'm feeling much better now! I'm a little worried that the good doctor might start contacting some of the rest of you, and trying to pry his way into the collectibles hobby? DO NOT FALL FOR THIS RUSE! Be especially wary of anyone near you with a camera, or any suspiscious moving vans circling your house while you are being fed large quantities of Spotted Cow!!!
It was just announced a few minutes ago, that I will be going for a nice little ride tomorrow in a truck with lots of Spotted Cow. Sounds like fun, but I'm beginning to wonder if there is more to this? Then all of a sudden I remembered Rick from out in Washington--remember "Hillsideshortleg"--- I sure hope it hasn't changed me so that I start looking like his avatar??
I was able to get a few moments alone and felt I had better inform the rest of you, so that you can take appropriate action! I managed to make a copy of the photo that started all of this, but I see nothing wrong with it? Do any of you see any resemblance to a chimpanzee??
OOps--gotta go, someone is coming!!!!

Googly Eyes.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Looks like a match made in heaven!! grin

Screen Shot 12-04-15 at 06.06 PM (2).JPG
Last edited by Steve C.; Fri Dec 04 2015 04:08 PM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Some times I worry that you guys might think I'm nuts when I post certain things here. Thank you Kevin! This is a concern that I no longer have. smile

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
You (both) look fine to me.

ROD [Mich.]
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
LOL, looks like they saw the credit card statement!!!

Thanks, Phil
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Kevin, personally I think every thing will be fine.

I just got of the phone with your Psychiatrist and we agreed it would be to much for him to categorize your entire collection and decided to have it all shipped over to my place .
I did let him know that it would be best to let you keep your computer so I could send you pictures of your things from time to time just to bring you down slowly.
We also agreed that because of the size of your collection this could take some serious time ( 5 to 6 years ) maybe more.
I wan't to let you know he did say that buying was not the problem, so just in case you continue to make purchases I will send you my address so you can ship directly to me. I truly believe that would help you a lot and you could spend more time with you lovely wife.

I will PM my address

Gene

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey, I think Rick's Avatar is cute! I think you're selling him short. Pun intended.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Well just parcel out your collection to your OG friends until the dust settles on this. We got you covered.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
lol that's too funny. but I can relate, my wife thinks I am on the computer way too much as well

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lol. Maybe time to sell it all then Kev. Then your eyes may pop all the way out.
Thanks for the chuckle my friend. Wish DB could post on this matter.

Dan

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I went through it a few years back with some negative effects. I now wear a aluminum foil face shield when I am on the computer. I use to forget every now and then and the un-controllable twitching would start back up again. They are easy to make. Just make sure to poke some small holes through the foil in front of you mouth area so people can hear you when your on the telephone. They really do work if you use the heavy duty aluminum foil sold at your better industrial supply stores.
Good luck.
PS make your eye hole around 3/8 of an inch to reduce the radiation that your eyes could take in.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved