Print Thread
#63881 Mon Mar 03 2008 12:11 PM
W
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
W
I bid on a few items through Proxibid
( Matthews Auction)last Sat. I was successful on one item and thought I was successful on another and was the high bidder, but the result said PASSED, what does that mean? Matthews Auction sent me an invoice for the item I was successful on but never got back to me on the question I asked about the item that was listed as PASSED,,,Does PASSED mean there was a reserve on it and it I didn't meet the reserve with my bid.. I didn't think there was any reserves on that stuff ,,,Hmmmm., left in a quandry ?? I really wanted the item I was high bidder on...
Wes..

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There were no reserves. There are a couple of reasons proxibid shows the item as passed. Sometimes the auction crew discovers a descrepancy between the description in the catalog and the actual condition, or find out its been restored, etc. In a case like that they will only let the onsite bidders bid on the item and pass it up for the internet buyers.
There were issues with the DSL connection at Peotone. I heard the auction crew were on cell phones taking bids from proxibid's headquarters.
Your best bet is to call Dan.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved