Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ABCTrip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Does anyone have photos showing the mounting of a 585 "banjo" stationliter onto a Wayne 60? I havent been able to find anything under the Old Gas search engine or web. The light has two C shaped brackets and the four long slotted head screws (below the base) still with it. Any photos or help would be very much appreciated. Just need to have some idea if I am missing parts. I can post photos of what I have too, if needed.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I don't believe the Wayne 585 Stationliter was ever designed to be attached to a Wayne 60. The Wayne 60 came out in 1935, and your stationliter wasn't introduced until 1947. It's design was that it be used on the Wayne 70 and the 100 pumps.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
ABCTrip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
The only photos I have been able to find are in your book and a thread showing several stationliter models. The one I have is the same as the photo of a 1938 model with the 3 small "fingers" that hold the shade. It doesn't have the harp or glass light cover. It also is for a 15" globe I believe (measures 20-1/2" between tubes). I should have included that in the original listing.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The ones that I have found that were still attached to a Wayne 60, used the two "C" shaped brackets and the long threaded bolts. I have seen some pictures with triangular shaped bars below instead of the "C" shaped brackets, but I have never seen them in use. For simplicity sake, I just set the unit up on the globe holder and drilled the base of the stationlighter to line up with the two globe holder screws and used two real long 1/4 inch threaded screws that would extend into the stationlighter base. That way, its an easy removal for cleaning!
As far as the electrical. there was a strange looking plug that screwed into the globe light outlet and extended the outlet upwards for about 8 inches. The problem with that would have been no light in the globe though,
On my own pump, I just added a screw in light socket with a plug in spot on each side, and I plugged the stationlighter into that socket. That way I still had a bulb lighting the globe!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
heres a liter for wayne 70 possibly may fit wayne 60? not sure.i had this out cuz i took to stokes to sell and brought it home, so it was easy to help out with the pictures.

lite.JPG lite1.JPG lite2.JPG
ABCTrip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast

This is the lighter I have. The C shaped brackets are what I was curious about. I figure it has to bolt into the structure, but wasnt sure what the purpose of the brackets were I assumed reinforcement. Any information or photos would be greatly appreciated.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Reinforcement. They really sway a lot without.

Craig
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
That is the stationliter that was introduced in 1938.

None of my literature indicates a stationliter being on a 60.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
John,
I have a piece of Wayne literature/parts repair list showing the Cut 585 on a Wayne 60; 587 and a Wayne 60; 585 on a Cut 70; Column Type light on a Cut 70 Pacific Coast Division; 587 Pump Light on a 70-E Canadian.
Ron

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
makes sense on the column type light to be pacific coast,mine was found on the west coast.

ABCTrip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Ron,
Would you happen to have any copies of the literature? I will give you a call this evening, if you do. Thank you.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved