Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#620410 Fri Jul 03 2015 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Does anyone recognize this globe?
Like where it is from or what company it might have been part of?
Rare or common?
Thanks

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Lunsford Oil Company, Ottawa, KS. Small company and rare globe, but not particularly valuable because of rather routine graphics.

Wayne Henderson
Petroleum Collectibles Monthly
Kernersville, NC
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I like the way Wayne answers these requests in that he explains that a so called "rare" item does not automatically make it a valuable item.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Jack Sim
I like the way Wayne answers these requests in that he explains that a so called "rare" item does not automatically make it a valuable item.
Jack Sim

I have Wayne and Scott's "Guide to Gas Pump Globes 2012, but always have a hard time getting to run on my computer.

An Old Gasser sent me the information last night. Thank you.

It is listed in Scott & Wayne's Globe Guide from 2012 and it was listed back then at, Rarity 5 (Extremely rare - less than 10 known; rarely found or offered for sale.) value $900 - $1500.
$900 - $1500 sounds valuable to me. But then I am not a globe collector. That was obvious when I sold my "One of a kind" 18" PURE Neon globe last year.
Thanks everyone.

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes, the globe guide cd is a pain to use on a computer. It has great info, it's just not easy to get to it.
Globes from small regional companies are sometimes very plain. This one looks great mainly because of the color combination. I also like globes that have the octane rating on them.
$1500 is probably about right. It's on a banded body which is worth around $500.
Whether a $1500 globe is considered valuable or not probably depends on how deep your pockets are. I swing a hammer for a living so that's a lot of money to me.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved