Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
Felling pretty lucky to have scored this original Lincoln Highway sign. Not many come up for sale. It cleaned up real nice and is now one of my favorite signs.

Before:

After using some Bar Keepers Friend to cut the rust stains.

and a coat of wax:

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wow, cleaned up great and such a rare sign at a bargin! Congrats.

Last edited by AZ_66_Native; Sun May 17 2015 01:30 PM.

Aaron

Looking for National Old Trails Road Signs NOTR and Arizona State/US Route and Road Signs.
G
G
Badmotorfinger,
Great job with this sign! Nice restoration.
Get a load of this...An original brick section of the Lincoln Highway is on the other side of Papillion Creek right behind my house in Elkhorn NE. I can see it out the back door.
I grew up west of Fremont NE about 3 miles from Hwy 30 (Old Lincoln Hwy) in a house right down the street from where my Dad grew up. This sign telling drivers that North Bend NE is just 5 miles west, would have been right near where my Dad grew up and very likely would have still been posted when he was a boy. He and my Grandfather may very well have seen this sign, I think that is highly likely.
I'm glad to see that it's not in a landfill somewhere, but given how rare these are, they are (and have been) so sought after that hopefully none of them were purposely discarded.
Should you ever decide that you would part with this, I would be extremely interested in this particular sign given how it was posted right down the street from home. I would pay very well for this should you ever be so inclined.
Cheers!
Alex Edwards
Elkhorn, NE

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
nice

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved