Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I about fell over when I found these advertising pieces. This is a 1978 Thunderbird dealership sign. Size is 26 inches long by 14 inches high. I could find zero examples of this sign on the internet, nor in any databases I have access to. I discovered several of these signs for: Thunderbird, Mustang, Ford LTD, Fiesta, Fairmont & Granada. There is also a Pinto sign, but interestingly, it is located on the back of the Mustang Sign. All of these signs are double sided. On one side of all the signs, there is a year marker 1978 or 79, however, there is a smaller 1979 sign, that slips over the 1978, so you can change the year if you wanted to. All of the signs come with this extra piece. Excuse a few of these photos, the signs are very dusty & as of this post, haven't cleaned them all up yet. 352,751. That is the number of 1978 Ford Thunderbirds built during the 1978 model year. It represented 3.94 percent of the industry total for the year, which was a fantastic figure for a personal luxury car.

Signs are $85.00 apiece or two for $150.00, with free shipping for domestic U.S. residents. I guarantee the delivery of all my shipments. First come first serve. Paypal is my usual transaction source but money orders are acceptable for those who wish to use them. Feel free to email with any questions. I do have a few extra pictures of the Thunderbird sign, taken from different angles, if requested.

100_2602.JPG 100_2598.JPG 100_2599.JPG 100_2597.JPG
Last edited by Semitar; Tue Apr 28 2015 01:18 AM.
Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool signs.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, I would love to hear if anyone else has these signs... They are an oddity, so I would love to learn any history about them.

Last edited by Semitar; Mon Apr 27 2015 11:46 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I bought 4 last year at an estate sale of a Studebaker dealer and longtime auction hunter. They had all the Ford brands from 1978 also. I bought the Mustang and Thunderbird ones and also 2 extras just because I graduated in 1978. They were a typical advertisement in any Ford dealership.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
S
OP Offline
S
Now accepting "reasonable" offers for these signs.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Might want to try the local Fairmont, Granada or Fiesta clubs....

S
OP Offline
S
I have a buyer coming over to see these signs, this week, so thanks to those who sent emails acquiring about them.

S
OP Offline
S
SIGN IS SOLD

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump Globe auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved