Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
marky #608829 Fri Apr 17 2015 11:01 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Marky, I have and I do these things too .....................

see ya on the road folks !
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
eshaver #608843 Fri Apr 17 2015 01:55 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Picks of the Week was actually started by Anthony Koban who tried graciously offering his items for sale on here ONLY to be disrespected for inflated prices, dogged for being young and literally run off because he was a picker!
So He started Picks of the Week to make a FAIR and LEVEL playing field for ALL people Young and Old interested in this hobby!
NOT JUST THE VETERANS who think they run everything and know it all!!!!
Just within the last year there has been 20+ newly discovered items, signs, several globes and cans that NEVER MADE OLDGAS!!!! BUT they all showed up on picks of the week for sale or recently purchased!!!!
So as moderator I invite every single member of oldgas to at least come check it out! If you know me, you know I dont bite my tongue NOR will I tolerate the petty crybaby stuff everyone complains about on here!!!!
As for Bobby Jones??? He was kicked off facebook Picks of the Week for argueing and cussing over an oil can guys!!! Sound familiar???? hahahahaha
Thanks Wes for bringing this to light and thanks to the guys that sent me messages thanking me for the link!!! I also appreciated the phone calls I recieved from fellow members...

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
Wes Hague #608852 Fri Apr 17 2015 03:28 PM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Wes Hague
Don't get me wrong here guys that love OLDGAS,, but there isn't this kinda bickering on FB that I know of.. there seems to be more of a P-----G contest on OLDGAS.. I still enjoy OLDGAS everyday but I do find both sites for learning and buying and selling.. very beneficial.

I completely agree with you & have an explanation for your 1st line.
I've found that Facebook posters who go against the grain,(be they right or wrong),& rub the owner of that page the wrong way,get their replies deleted by that particular homepage's owner.Now that's their privilege to do so,but some owners manipulate the conversations by deleting replies that may show them or the topic in badlight,(be they right or wrong),that it turns into unrealistic tripe by him & his yes men.

Jim & OG Moderators seem to have much more leniency here and allow us all to express our full opinions. smile

Cold Pizza #608858 Fri Apr 17 2015 04:01 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Facebook posters that violate our rules are politely warned ONCE then BANNED! PERIOD!
Not smacked on their veteran butts and allowed to continue doing exact same for years...
Also the moderators work FULL TIME watching the site! Not work all day then check in on it that night when they get around to it!!!
I totally RESPECT oldgas and its discussion and showcase forums BUT facebook has become the NEW buying/selling format!
I have known the oldgas bossman (Jim) for years.
We are friends on facebook smile
I would think Jim would want an oldgas facebook page to advertise this site if nothing else...but that is totally on him...just a thought...
If you like buying/selling signs or showing off your finds then come give us a try...
NOW Back to the Sunset sign that was JUST discovered today and posted on Picks of the Week!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
this thread is starting to sound like facebook with all the whiny little tantrums

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
KZ1000 #608861 Fri Apr 17 2015 04:35 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
BINGO!
Thanks for reminding me KZ1000
You must use your REAL NAME on facebook when you sign up.
Not hide behind some incomplete profile/user name and start ***** all day with pickers and new members!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I Rest my case!!

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
So about 4-6 years ago, I don't even remember, I started a facebook page just to see what it was. I never posted a single thing that I remember and I haven't been back. Other than a couple times, again, just to try and figure out what it even was.
I hate the format!! Just looking at a facebook page drives me nuts. There seems to be no organization. I can't stand it. I don't know. Maybe I'm not to bright sometimes.
I don't think there is any stopping it from infiltrating the hobby. It's just not for me!! If that means missing out on a great piece that was for sale. Oh well!!
When it comes to this hobby, leave facebook to the Kardashians!! Or what ever that chics name is with the big A@@. wink

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Steven C. #608876 Fri Apr 17 2015 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Where's that damn like button?;)

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Apr 17 2015 05:59 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
katfsh #608887 Fri Apr 17 2015 06:47 PM

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #608892 Fri Apr 17 2015 07:12 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Have never had a face book account and don't think I am going to start . All my wife's friends and my son use it for is to troll around and try to find out every thing about every body . I also have had 2 different friend keep posting about being on vacation and were robbed while they were gone . Not face book fault but just another tool for crime if not used just for picking and posting items for sale.

Last edited by coheley5; Fri Apr 17 2015 07:13 PM.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
coheley5 #608900 Fri Apr 17 2015 07:50 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I used to love checking oldgas several times a day and I tried many times to be a positive presence on here but most times I felt shunned or ignored because I was a new guy and apparently even worse I live in NJ. I remember a few members saying everyone from NJ was evil.

I joined Facebook and it is much less of a good ole boy network, just the way it played out for me but I barely check in here anymore.

jbrooks #608909 Fri Apr 17 2015 09:33 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
https://m.facebook.com/Oldgas

I hate to point out the obvious to those who don't have an open mind about this at least some are willing to use all the tools out there....

Thanks to those who do and to Jim for the great site!

Bob.

Last edited by Let er' Buck; Fri Apr 17 2015 09:37 PM.

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Let er' Buck #608913 Sat Apr 18 2015 12:26 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Can I tweet ? Where's that fit in all this?

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
47reo-travis #608915 Sat Apr 18 2015 02:10 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: 47reo-travis
Can I tweet ? Where's that fit in all this?

ROTFL!!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved