Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
TC #608630 Wed Apr 15 2015 05:02 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LOL

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
TC #608631 Wed Apr 15 2015 05:07 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Never been on facebook and I don't plan on starting now.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If I have to join Facebook to buy a petroliana item, then I will never buy another petroliana item again. Maybe I am old school, but I don't need anyone who knows how to google knowing my business. I don't want to be looked up by old friends, ex-girlfriends, old acquaintances, long lost relatives, or big brother. No FB, Twitter, Snapchat, or Instagram here.

Ed from South Jersey
72Scamp #608641 Wed Apr 15 2015 06:07 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Could anyone list the groups that you have found on there? Thanx in advance!

Last edited by Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave; Thu Apr 16 2015 01:04 AM.

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
72Scamp #608643 Wed Apr 15 2015 06:38 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Originally Posted By: 72Scamp
If I have to join Facebook to buy a petroliana item, then I will never buy another petroliana item again. Maybe I am old school, but I don't need anyone who knows how to google knowing my business. I don't want to be looked up by old friends, ex-girlfriends, old acquaintances, long lost relatives, or big brother. No FB, Twitter, Snapchat, or Instagram here.

You had to join this site didnt you??? LOL
You can pick who your friends are on facebook and stay hidden by removing yourself from google searches if you want, UNLIKE oldgas...oldgas discussions and pictures can be easily accessed by anyone searching google!!!
Go google porcelain sign OR 72Scamp and you will see YEARS of posts from oldgas members and your OWN stuff smile LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Facebook is another option to buy, sell or trade stuff. I have bought and sold a couple items off of it. It is easier to upload pictures and it looks like there is a lot of new young blood getting into petro items. Some are actually collectors, some are pickers/ flippers/ wanabees or a combination of all the groups, just like most web sites. One thing on Old Gas you can count on is not looking at a thread and see F this or F that. In my opinion, an older and possibly more mature group on OG but at times I wonder. Both sites are what you make of them. OG could be improves by a FB style of pictures uploading. FB could be better by policing the language of some better. It is what it is, or what you make of it.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Both have there place in this hobby. I have seen where Facebook has brought out some rare globes in the last few months for example a guy found two life gasoline globes. The guy didn't know what he had but was educated very quickly. I was able to add to my Mfa collection several times in the last couple of months because of fb. So I would say to those who do not wish to be on fb you don't no what your missing. Good stuff is showing up and priced fair. And yes there are people on there that are way out in left field on there pricing but many of them get educated.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Go google porcelain sign OR 72Scamp and you will see YEARS of posts from oldgas members and your OWN stuff

Knew that was coming....thanks for your input, Tom....just googled 72Scamp and and went thru 3 pages, could not find anything about me.

Last edited by 72Scamp; Thu Apr 16 2015 03:12 AM.

Ed from South Jersey
TC #608651 Wed Apr 15 2015 07:33 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think we need to keep the convo's here. Buying and selling there is alright I guess, but I would rather see it here on OldGas instead.

Braden Splichal

bsplichal95 #608679 Thu Apr 16 2015 04:40 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
hey 72Scamp, I just looked at your profile on mopar, seen your 72 scamp, and seen your sign listed on oldgas ALL THRU GOOGLE! smile
Its all about HOW you search also...
Im NOT gonna teach you how to search google so go back to beanie babies!!!
LOL

W
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
W
Well said here Tom,,, if some of you guys on OLDGAS don't know what Facebook is or haven't even tried using it, must still be living under a rock someplace.. Learning and getting educated is what it's all about whether your a picker, buyer, collector or seller. I know some of the guys on OLDGAS seem to think pickers are beneath you, but if it weren't for pickers a lot of what has been found would still be hidden, same goes for sellers,, it takes sellers in order to have collectors.. So if you think your just a collector and not a seller, just give it enough time,,, LOL, LOL,,,
IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED IT DON'T KNOCK IT

Last edited by Wes Hague; Thu Apr 16 2015 09:16 AM.

Wes.......
Wes Hague #608686 Thu Apr 16 2015 06:29 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I lucked into buying a very nice Sunoco gas pump,oil cans & light on facebook as someone who knew somebody I knew,posted a photo of something entirely different,and these were in the background.

I recommend getting on as much as you can on the web,and listening..

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Cold Pizza #608703 Thu Apr 16 2015 09:23 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Anytime you have a chance to first increase your knowledge of the hobby and second have a chance to buy or sell an item to increase yours or someone else's collection then I say go for it it's about the hobby and keeping the history alive, not who or where it comes from as long as it benefit's all involved then I say got for it.

Now that being said Jim's site here is invaluable to all of us and has a right to be protected by it's members it's a great tool but it's not the only tool in the toolbox.

Just my open minded opinion....
Bob

Last edited by Let er' Buck; Thu Apr 16 2015 09:24 AM.

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Let er' Buck #608709 Thu Apr 16 2015 11:54 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
When I read the title, Facebook vs Oldgas, all I could think was Facebook by a nose with Oldgas bringing up the rear. It's some of that intellectual humor.
I like FB too, connected with my best friend from second to eighth grade, now we talk a lot, joined lots of groups, some way better than others but it's been a good overall experience.

Neil Gerrard #608713 Thu Apr 16 2015 01:03 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Facebook is facebook and Oldgas is Oldgas! I like sitting with my grandson and going thru oldgas looking and telling him who is who and who collects what. Like Wes said about all the F bombs on facebook, there is no way I can sit with a 7 year old and go through the facebook sites. I like the oil can and globe sites on facebook but then again those are exceptions to the rules because those sites were started by stand up guys.I am not trying to step on any toes, but like stated before the facebook sites are more just buying and selling and Oldgas is better suited for collectors.

Always looking for Mississippi company items, Billups, southland, ride with rose.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved