Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hi guys I bought this Mobilgas pump plate from a guy that said it was a pump plate. I bought it to put on my M&S Mobilgas Script top gas pump. The problem is, it is a little too small and doesn't line up with the existing holes where the pump plate once was. What is this sign and why doesn't it fit? it measures 11.5" from the top to the tip of the shield and 12" across the top. Thanks for any info.

mobilgas.pump.plate.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That is a west coast plate and is original . One of two things it could be your pump could have had the rectangle plates like pictured below. Or it could have had another version of the shield. I think the holes are a little bit different placement, Havent laid mine on top of one another yet.
Dan

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
M
OP Offline
M
My M&S Script top pump is a west coast pump from washington, had the shield type plate here is a pic. You can see where the pump plate once was. Thanks for the information.

mobilgaspump.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I bet it came from the east coast. The east coast plates holes are 11x9"
The west coast are 10 1/2 X 9", and Magnolia regions are 10 x 9 1/2". I just measured my plates

Dan

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Check the light unit and see if it has a jar over the bulb or at least the ring like in the picture. West coast pumps had these explosion proof covers. Other areas did not require them.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the information. I went and looked at my pump and did not see the explosion proof covers...so it makes it a east coast pump I guess. The pump plate must be west coast. Mystery Solved!

MATT ALVAREZ #604319 Thu Mar 19 2015 07:33 PM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Matt, I've seen those jar rings on a few pumps. 2 of them were originally CHEVERON, a west coast company. It looks like your picture showing the ring was on a Bennett 371. Maybe coincidence, but Bennett is the only pump that I have seen those light weight jar rings on. I know National A-38's have real heavy cast ones the jars thread into.

old dog #604339 Thu Mar 19 2015 08:53 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: old dog
Maybe coincidence, but Bennett is the only pump that I have seen those light weight jar rings on. I know National A-38's have real heavy cast ones the jars thread into.

I've seen the light gauge stamped threaded rings on Wayne & Tokheim pumps.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved