Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I bought this G&B TC1 Canadian visible yesterday. This is all I got, missing the cylinder and all the gallon markers and top pieces.

First one, I've owned. Is all the nozzle holder hardware original and correct? The lock hasp appears to be an add on. The lower cast piece appears to have been re-positioned.

Did it have the same style top and markers as an American G&B visible?

Any pic’s or info would be appreciated.

rsz_gb_canadian_visible-1.jpg rsz_gb_canadian_visible-2.jpg rsz_gb_canadian_visible-3.jpg rsz_gb_canadian_visible-4.jpg

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool pump Dave . You know the the del and return pipes look identical to the ones in my GB 179 , I could measure them this week and we could compare. I have no idea on the markers and top question though.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Dave, my cylinders are etched. Now this is on the double so it may be different. Let me know if you need some pictures.

Craig
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Any pictures would be great. Measurements of the cylinder will be great. The person, I bought this from had an etched cylinder. That he wanted to keep as he thought it was for another pump...like a Canadian Clear Vision. I may have to go back and buy the cylinder. What size are your cylinders? Thanks in advance, Craig.

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Not wanting to lose out on the cylinder, I went and bought it. Always, seems like you have to pay more for items when you go back specifically looking for an item. Although, I'm glad the seller parted with it.

I'm pretty confident now that, I have it. That, it belongs to this pump. It's in excellent condition and measure 12 1/2" OD and is 30" tall.

Someone has gotta have some pic's of one of these pumps??? Would like to figure out what the top like on these.

rsz_1g&b_tc-1_cylinder_125x30-1.jpg

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Seeing that, no one has any pic's of one of these pumps. I thought, I would post these photo's to assist anyone in the future seeking some info on one of these pumps. Found these on the net.

Looks like the top, is a lot different than the American G&B pumps. I see strong similarities between this and a Clearvision pump. Such as; cast base, an etched cylinder, and the design and style of the bonnet, use of a center pipe to secure cylinder and bonnet, straight skins. All this seems to suggest to me, that some sort of joint venture or out sourcing of parts between Clearvision and G&B may have been in place???

Any further input or photo's would be great. I am also looking for the missing pieces any help in that regard, would also be appreciated.

39259891.jpg 39259893.jpg
Last edited by Dave's Garage; Wed Mar 04 2015 09:56 AM.

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i can email you some pic's of original unrestored G&B pumps dave in a month or so. I think G&B cylinders are typically 28 inch tall but i will check.

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Your statement "I would post these photo's to assist anyone in the future seeking some info on one of these pumps" is to be commended. It is this kind of attitude that helps all those members interested in doing an accurate restoration and helps build a community of givers and not just takers.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Kim, I would very much appreciate any pic's you could provide and thank you in advance.

Thank-you Tim. I totally agree with you. Like many other members, I am grateful for all the time and effort you put into the the gallon marker and cylinder identification threads.

Dave GILL,

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved