OP Offline
I
THE PEOTONE AUCTION

Friday March 6, 2015 @ the Will County Fairgrounds, Peotone, Il
4:00pm Collectors Social & Dinner
6:00pm Auction Time

Auction by Jonathan Kraft & Kraft Auctions
http://www.auctionzip.com/IN-Auctioneers/6988.html
Auction Managed By Eric Thielke & Cataloged Auctions Etc.
http://www.auctionzip.com/IN-Auctioneers/104440.html
Eric Thielke 765-918-2083
Jonathan Kraft 219-973-9240

Online bidding through proxibid.com & Auction Zip Live
10% Buyers Premium Onsite. 18% Internet Buyers Premium.

To clear confusion. Yes, there are two Auctions coinciding with the gas show in Peotone, Il. I guess we would be the unofficial auction. We are at the same location(Will County Fairgrounds) that Matthews Auctions always held their auction events at. The doors will open for preview at Noon, and we are providing a dinner and collectors social starting at 4:00pm, with the auction to follow @ 6:00pm.

Please contact us to consign your items to this auction event.

We are also planning to have a fall THE PEOTONE AUCTION.

Regards,
Eric

You can also follow us on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/thepeotoneauction

SAM_5267.JPG SAM_5280.JPG SAM_5298.JPG SAM_5290.JPG

What ever happened to the good ol' days?
IndyGas6 #593207 Tue Jan 20 2015 12:17 PM
I
OP Offline
I
More

riley flange.JPG SAM_5250.JPG SAM_5255.JPG

IndyGas6 #593209 Tue Jan 20 2015 12:21 PM
I
OP Offline
I
more

IMG_3836.jpg SAM_5277.JPG

IndyGas6 #593212 Tue Jan 20 2015 12:47 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Last edited by Mike M.; Tue Jan 20 2015 12:47 PM.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Mike M. #593214 Tue Jan 20 2015 12:51 PM
I
OP Offline
I
No, there are two. Ours and the one on your link.

IndyGas6 #593233 Tue Jan 20 2015 03:12 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Now why would another auction company schedule another gas & oil auction on the same day and in the same area as one that was previously announced?
I don't see ANY benefit to either auction company, or the collectors either? Do you expect the other auction to be over by 6pm and all of those buyers to hurry and make it over to the other venue, or do you just feel that there are enough buyers to satisfy both auctions?
Seems kind of like shooting yourself in the foot to hurt someone else????

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K W FRITH #593236 Tue Jan 20 2015 03:20 PM
I
OP Offline
I
I feel that there are enough buyers to satisfy both auctions.

K W FRITH #593237 Tue Jan 20 2015 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rory announced at the fall sale that he would have a sale in the spring. Rory's sale is the one that's officially affiliated with the show.
The guys holding this sale got the rights to the Peotone venue. Originally both auctions were scheduled to start at noon. This auction was moved back to 6:00 P.M. I think this is the same outfit that held a "non-affiliated" auction with the Indy Ad Show.
IndyGas6 posted some enlightening comments about his views on shill bidding on another topic. I was looking forward to attending both auctions but after reading his comments about shill bidding (and those that object to it) I won't be attending the evening sale.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Lastgas15 #593251 Tue Jan 20 2015 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ok confusing as it is, when I look at the 2 auctions that Eric posted at the beginning of this thread they are just 2 companies for the same auction.

And Rory's is at a different location at noon.....LMAO

IMO this is **** crazy!!! Lets just have 2 shows to go along with it.

Last edited by Mike M.; Tue Jan 20 2015 05:30 PM.

Thanks
Mike

IndyGas6 #593279 Tue Jan 20 2015 05:45 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: IndyGas6
I feel that there are enough buyers to satisfy both auctions.

Well, if I was a consigner to the first auction, I would be mad as h**l that you have pulled this little trick and jumped in where you felt there was money to be made! This is an act of pure greed and doesn't even qualify as a business decision! If I was a consigner at your sale, I would truly be concerned about your decision making ability!
There is absolutely no possible way that this will benefit the collectibles community! The only beneficiaries will be those buyers lucky enough to have no competition on an item that can be resold for a substantial profit! But wait a minute----you've already stated that shill bidding is pretty much the same as a reserve???? I guess there really won't be any deals at all there any way, will there! Probably just a lot of NOSALE items that have to pay the commission anyway.
HHhhhmmmmm?????----yep--just greed.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Mike M. #593282 Tue Jan 20 2015 05:53 PM
I
OP Offline
I
OK, I am going to be candid and hopefully clarify how there are two Petro Auctions at Peotone on March 6th, 2015.

-It all started about a week before the Dixie Gas show in the fall of 2014, Morphy's announced they were not doing an auction at the fall Peotone gas show.

-Thursday of the Dixie Gas Show I had a number of conversations with collectors and dealers about what a bummer that there would be no auction at Peotone. That night, after hearing about it all day, I contacted the previous auctioneer of the auction at Peotone and said "hey, what do you think about me doing an auction at peotone in the spring? I would do one this fall, but I don't think I can get enough good stuff in a month and a half" To which he replied "great, I have the building still".

-Friday of the Dixie Gas Show I was talking with my good friend Dave Thompson and he said that he and Rory Brinkman had dinner the night before and were planning on a fall auction at Peotone. I just kinda stared blankly and said that's cool.

I did a lot of pondering on my way back to Indiana later that day and decided to still plan on the spring show.

-About one week later I talked to my friend Jonathan Kraft and mentioned my plan on doing Peotone. He seemed curious.

-Three weeks following the Dixie Gas Show, I once again contacted the auctioneer who previously did the auction @ Peotone and asked how I go about getting the building in my name, and he said he would call the Will Co Fairgrounds and I would have to fill out the information. This turned into a month and a half long process and the Fall Peotone show came and went.

We are not trying to divide a hobby or create competition, but as an up and coming auction company, we seized the opportunity presented. And I do apologize for any toes some may perceive we stepped on, but we are having the auction.

The way I see it you all have choices:

1)Stay home or do something else that weekend.
2)Don't attend either auction and just go to the Peotone Gas Show
3)Go to one of the auctions held that day and skip the other. Then go to the Gas Show the next two days.
4)Go to both auctions and go to the Gas Show the next two days.(this is the option we think all would have the most fun at).

Also here is how it those three days will go:
Friday 3/6 @ noon-Brinkman Auction
Friday 3/6 @ 6pm @ Will Co Fairgrounds-Kraft/Cataloged Auct. Etc. Auction
Saturday-Show Set Up
Sunday-Show.

If you have any further concerns or questions, please call me Eric Thielke 765-918-2083

K W FRITH #593283 Tue Jan 20 2015 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I also find it funny that Last year Rory jumped in at the last minute to put together an auction for the spring show when Matthews/Morphy pulled out and now he has competition to put on an auction. Why and how doe's this happen? Oh yea "Greed"

I don't know about anyone else but Rory will be the only one seeing my $$$$.

Thanks
Mike

Mike M. #593312 Tue Jan 20 2015 07:59 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am really not sure what the big deal is here. I have always maintained that if I am on the road anyway, the more things I can pack into a trip the better for me. I plan on being at Rory's sale at noon and Eric's sale at 6 pm on Friday. (And I might add that they are both good guys)

Then I will be at dealer setup for the Peotone show on Saturday and then I will spend Sunday vending as the general public comes through. (Which I might add the Spring show brings a huge crowd through on Sunday)

Anyone see any problem with scenario?

Just my 2 cents!

Lonnie Hop

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
olddutchgas #593316 Tue Jan 20 2015 08:17 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Couldn't have said it better myself. The more there is to do the better.

Please visit my website Gasstuff.com
Gas stuff.com #593317 Tue Jan 20 2015 08:25 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
while i agree with Lonnie & John... i do see the potential for the consigner to get the bad end of the deal. the more auctions, more items, & more confusion that exists, the less attention there is to a person's consigned items.

but that didnt stop me from consigning a couple things to the Brinkman auction... and I look forward to the entire Peotone experience none-the-less.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved