C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
looking for an original cloth hose...chuck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would suggest a repo from Petrorelics. He has the larger diameter hoses in the older style fabric. I have purchased many original cloth hoses and while they are neat...they all share common characteristics in various stages or degrees: brittle/inflexible rubber, rotting/disintegrating cloth covering, and rusting metal core. Father time takes its toll on them. You may find one that is NOS and it still exhibits these characteristics.
Jim at Petrorelics sent me this photo earlier of his various types, but stated that inventory varies so check with him first. Dave

hose.jpg
Last edited by Catauladave; Tue Dec 16 2014 05:33 AM.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
There is one on ebay now with the nozzle I believe. I have used Petrorelics and they are great, and also you can send original ends so that he can put them on. Polished of course, and also nickel plated. Very nice and have used many of his.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Get a nozzle and a repo hose and save yourself a couple of hundred bucks EASILY ! What type of pump are we talking about anyway...Previsible, visible, clockface, early electric, etc. ? I like the bigger hoses on the early pumps Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Butler 71, visible. those hoses are good looking...may try one. thanks, chuck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What type of nozzle goes on a Butler 71 ? Check Jack Sim's site? I may have a nozzle laying around somewhere. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Don't think there is a specific nozzle, i'll either go with a Banana with a top hook, or a "regular" type nozzle with a top hook or top loop as I want to hang it off the original nozzle holder. shoot me pix of what you have though, may want it!

chuck.harders1@yahoo.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've got a couple out in my building that I can't get to right now because I just had my neck fused and I am in a collar.LOL I'll get my son to get them out of the attic and shoot you a picture this weekend if that is ok. NO BLT(bending, lifting, twisting) for me for 6 mos.I know that I have a couple of the banana type with hooks and also couple of the wet hose type with hooks. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
sounds good Dave, thanks! heal up!

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
What happened to all the purest on here,,, repro ??? What ??? NOT original ????... where are the diehards..

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Love originality,Rustorations,etc. but the reality is that those old hoses disintegrate over time. I don't know when they were phased out by rubber but I would suspect 30's-40's ? How many rubber objects that come into contact with petroleum products last 60-70 years in good shape? What is your alternative Wes ? Seriously. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
hey I'm ok with reproduction stuff, no problem here.. there is a place and a price for everything,,, just kidding Dave...it's just that usually I see comments of NO reproduction , original only... must be marked or stamped....sorry for interrupting, just couldn't pass up the opportunity, lol,lol,,,,,

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your comments are greatly welcomed. I am and always have been an "original" kind of guy. I do not make things "prettier" than they ever were...no polished nozzles, pinstriped pumps, etc., but I also understand that there is a need for quality reproduced parts that are either in short supply or the originals have exceeded their expiration date. Jim seems to have a quality product at a good price. I would like to see him offer cast hose ends as an option, but this is not a big deal. Intelligent discussion is always appreciated.
After all this is a hobby for most and it is just "stuff".
Merry Christmas !
Dave "broke neck" Jones
This is the before picture...have 2 more fused to these.lol

before.jpg
Last edited by Catauladave; Tue Dec 16 2014 03:09 PM.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Born on the fourth of July, 1954. I will always think of Dave now every time I smell ribs cooking or hear fireworks. By the way, you should have brushed more, and those cavities wouldnt have taken so much of your sign money. David

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It was the 60's and I grew up eating cinnamon toast and drinking hot chocolate for breakfast in a family of 8. Dad was a sergeant in the army and we couldn't even afford "real" milk. Mom used powered milk. We all survived though and I feel lucky to have had those parents. Never spent more than 350 on a sign and you can't get a tooth filled for that today.lol Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave -that was our breakfast every morning before school too. The whole time my father was chain smoking Pall Malls and blowing it right in our faces. I wouldnt change a thing-if I could. I hope your neck fuses well.

Last edited by JimT; Wed Dec 17 2014 04:30 AM.
JimT #586850 Wed Dec 17 2014 08:26 AM
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
I hear ya Wes, just can't find enough original hoses for all the projects! I think these are a nice alternative. still have the look...I hate a brand new looking hose on an old pump!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Catauladave
It was the 60's and I grew up eating cinnamon toast and drinking hot chocolate for breakfast in a family of 8. Dad was a sergeant in the army and we couldn't even afford "real" milk. Mom used powered milk. We all survived though and I feel lucky to have had those parents. Never spent more than 350 on a sign and you can't get a tooth filled for that today.lol Dave

lol true

Follow the Red Indian Trail
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
I like em Chuckster,,, I stopped doing pumps or I would buy some,, darn ole things got to heavy for the old guy, LOL, LOL,,

Wes.......
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I used to have cinnamon toast and hot chocolate every night and thought that I was living high on the hog. Still love it, but now makes me more fat.

Craig
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved