Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#585284 Mon Dec 08 2014 09:06 PM
Novaman Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Is there anyone out there who makes brass lubester pump cylinders?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Novaman Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Clarification. Looking for brass cylinder sleeve that would slide over the original cylinder to dress it up. Anyone know who might make these? Thanks.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I don't want to break your bubble, but there are very few who are restoring oil dispensers compared to those who are restoring gas pumps, collecting globes, collecting signs, etc.
I once purchased all the contents of a bulk plant, in a field there were at least 60 oil dispensers thrown in a pile, I did not take any of the home.
I do agree that they make a nice addition to a collection, but they don't have many people who are advertising/asking for a particular oil dispensers like there are people who are looking for a Wayne 60.
I know what I have said is not encouraging, but other than one person who makes the wooden ends of the crank handle, no one make parts for a oil dispenser.
Just to make a statement, many guys post requests for information/parts, etc., for a particular gas pump, but they always state the which gas pump they need the info, etc. for. When it come to oil dispensers, keep in mind, I can name at least 30+ companies that made oil dispensers, and they were all different. This is for everyone, if you are going to ask for information/parts for a particular oil dispenser, please let us know the name of the company that made the dispenser.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Take the sleeve and just either start sanding with 220 paper or stronger depending on what condition it is after getting the paint off. Going down to 600 paper and then running it on a buffer. If you have denting then there are many people who probably have a cylinder that would work for the size of lubster you have. Doing it right now on a long cylinder for a push cart pump. You do not even see the cylinder, but I know it is there.

Craig
Novaman Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the tips, it is a Wayne Triple lubester cart I plan to restore. Craig, is yours brass?

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Yes, most of the old cylinders for previsible pumps are. Those cylinders just take apart and do your self and if you want them more polished let me know. Take some pics and show us.
thanks

Craig
Novaman Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Craig, here is a picture of the unit. Cylinders on this one are painted steel. Special thanks to Swabby for meeting me half way on delivery.

P1010014.JPG

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved