Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5850 Sat Jun 23 2001 08:36 PM
S
OP Offline
S
My Dad was an employee of AMOCO oil many years ago. During this time, he collected quite a bit of gasoline co. memorabilia. After he passed away, my mom sold almost all of it to his associates. One thing that I held on to is a glass fixture in the form of an eagle that my dad removed from a white eagle gas station just before it was torn down. It is in very good shape, stands about two feet tall and is one of four that stood attop the building, one on each corner and was illuminated at night. I grew up beleiving that this item was particularly rare but I have no idea what the value might be. If anyone can help me put a value or contact someone who can, please let me know.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#5851 Mon Jun 25 2001 01:44 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi I have seen the ordinary pump globes go for top $$$ on eBay, but i have no idea of the price of this item. You could try and contact Scott Benjamin at http://www.gasglobes.com/ or scott@oilcollectibles.com

regards,
Claes

#5852 Mon Jun 25 2001 07:12 AM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I'm probably out of my league on this and you have likely gotten feedback from others that is not posted here... but, this type of globe would be in the category of the standard crowns and the shell clamshells and the standard flame, though the eagle is much less visible for trade/sale/auction... this would lead me to believe it is much rarer than those mentioned. Excellent specimens of the others trade regularly in the $500-$1000 range and higher depending on the passion of the buyer. I only offer this baseline as a novice observation and deduction. There is a book or two available which no doubt offers a more informed estimation of value based on great research and experience. They (the books)can be found referenced on elsewhere on this site. Ild be interested to hear from others on this myself.

#5853 Mon Jun 25 2001 08:41 PM
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Quote:
Originally posted by shortyweinstein:
My Dad was an employee of AMOCO oil many years ago. During this time, he collected quite a bit of gasoline co. memorabilia. After he passed away, my mom sold almost all of it to his associates. One thing that I held on to is a glass fixture in the form of an eagle that my dad removed from a white eagle gas station just before it was torn down. It is in very good shape, stands about two feet tall and is one of four that stood attop the building, one on each corner and was illuminated at night. I grew up beleiving that this item was particularly rare but I have no idea what the value might be. If anyone can help me put a value or contact someone who can, please let me know.

There are three different versions of this globe. Prices start at about $1500 to $1700 for the most common version and go to over $2000 for the rarer versions. These prices are for a globe in excellent condition with no damage.

Bill Fortune

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved