Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I bought this pump last summer and started off quick on it but all sorts of other projects popped up (like the six feet of snow we got last week) and it sat idle for a few months. Tonight, I finally finished her up and I'm real happy with the finished product. My wife wanted a Sinclair Dino pump so here it is.

Wally

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice looking pump! Brady

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice job. I haven't seen that model gilbarco restored before. Like the stainless trim for the nozzle area. Like your Beeline Bowser too, good work...GB

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Rabbitman
Nice job. I haven't seen that model gilbarco restored before. Like the stainless trim for the nozzle area. Like your Beeline Bowser too, good work...GB

Thanks, I have another one of these Gilbarco pumps in front of my shop done up as a Texaco pump (it's a little newer). I work at a sign shop and I used reverse copy vinyl on polycarbonate plastic and had our painter back spray the translucent white. The Beeline is our favorite pump too.

Wally

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great looking pumps! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
You took an often over looked pump and really showed how cool it can be. Very nice job, you should be proud. Of course doing it Sinclair makes me like it that much more.
Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You really do your pumps proud, and like Tom says you sure bring out the full potential to these "not so early" pumps that are starting to come on stronger. Very nice work.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Nice pumps I like all of them you did a great job on the restoration of them all that Texaco looks awesome along with all the rest.

Bob

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks everyone, here's the Texaco Gilbarco in front of the shop where it resides. Check out the snow last week, thankfully it's all pretty much gone.

Wally

F
F
wow those look really great. Is the polycarbonate plastic the actual glass and you worked up the Sinclair and Texaco on them or just the labels? I need to do window glass for a 1006 that I would like to finish and that is really inspiring me. thanks for showing those.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice job everything looks great.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Looks good Wally, I like those pumps, they are heavier than they look aren't they.
Ken.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great looking pumps..Well done.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: full-o-gas
wow those look really great. Is the polycarbonate plastic the actual glass and you worked up the Sinclair and Texaco on them or just the labels? I need to do window glass for a 1006 that I would like to finish and that is really inspiring me. thanks for showing those.

I'm lucky enough to work at a sign shop so I started with two 17"H x 22"L x 1/8" cut pieces of polycarbonate (also known by the trade name Lexan). I cut the red Sinclair translucent vinyl in reverse and adhere it to the top section of each piece. I also adhered a 3/8" black vinyl strip across each piece under the logo. I masked the rest off and the painter sprays translucent white paint behind it. You can buy Lexan plastic at Lowes and have them cut it 17" x 22" and then have a print shop make two translucent vinyl prints that you can adhere to the front as well. The nice thing about lexan is that you can bend it, and cut it with tin snips, where acrylic or plexiglas will crack. If you use glass you can also have a translucent vinyl print made and stick it to the glass.

Wally

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks good!

Braden Splichal

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved