Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...it'd be a good way for the host hotel to have a lot of unsold rooms during the show...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I love room to room... it's fun walking around and visiting and have a few beers.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
For the deal with spilling oil... if they sign a waiver that if they spill oil or tear up furniture from how they display there stuff in there room that they are responsible for the damages. Maybe guys will be more careful? If they owned the furniture i would bet they wouldn't do some of the stuff they do.
Just saying!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I enjoy the room to room, and think it is an important part of what makes a show what it is. Would we all still go to Columbus or Iowa without it - sure. However, it makes a good show great, or a bad show acceptable as John said in case of rain or extreme heat. I think the waiver is a good idea. If I were a promoter, I'd do everything possible, including finding a new hotel, to include it. It adds a whole other level of shopping, and the personal interaction is great!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I would still attend a show w/o room to room. I personally like the room to room format, but if it wasn't offered, why would that be a reason to not go, and miss out on good times elsewhere at the meet????

Good oil cans don't wait for people, people wait for them.
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Originally Posted By: gasmansgp
Personally, I never cared for room to room. It seemed a bit on an invasion? I know it's just me but I could live without it.

I agree. I am sure some personal room to room trading/selling would still happen among friends and close contacts. A night time ballroom is a good idea and with beer even better.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
i think room to room is pretty cool--its the way the coca cola club do there convention--during the day they have there activity --then certaian time frame room to room in the evening

looking for spanish gas signs
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Room to room is my favorite part of any show but I would still attend without it. Scott B.

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I enjoy the room to room vending, but I'm shocked hotels let it happen. I think it should only be on certain floors (maybe 1-2 total) not scattered all throughout the hotel.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Tankar
I LOVE ROOM TO ROOM AT IOWA GAS SHOW. YOUR MORE LAID BACK AND SEEM TO INTERACT MORE.

Agree, it opens up a lot more chances to sit and meet with other collectors.

Haz-Mat for a oil can spill, OMG did they have to tear up the parking lot also as cars and trucks leak oil also.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How many shows do the room to room anyways

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I really enjoy room-to-room. I go to CTO and it's a lot of fun. As others have already mentioned, it's nice to walk around with a beer and mingle.

As far as the hotel waiver is concerned, I would bet my paycheck that it is already in the fine print when you sign for your room (that's why hotels require a credit card to reserve a room). If you ruin your room they will charge you for it. They are probably a little upset that because this was in the elevator, they couldn't pin the bill on anyone.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved