Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#581100 Wed Nov 19 2014 09:19 AM
S
Senorx Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Looking to purchase my first porcelain sign. I'd really like to purchase a round Texaco sign in the 10" to 15" size. I'd gladly look at any other gasoline or oil related signs in that size range. This will be my first sign purchase and probably a new addiction for me.

I am a total newbie and came to this place hoping I wouldn't get my pants pulled down on the price and buy a legit/original sign. Please be gentle.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
lol... welcome.

id recommend a texaco skychief or firechief pump plate. or maybe a round 15" lubester sign. all good starter pieces from Texaco

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
S
Senorx Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you for the welcome. Where would you suggest I'd be able to find such signs? Any trusted EBay sellers you know of?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
legitimate skychief & firechief plates are dated... if one is chipped where the date would be, then just pass on it.

a decent buy on a skychief would be around $140... and $120 on a firechief. condition of course directly affects that.

read up & use the google search function within this site to find all the information you need - its in the lower right corner of each screen

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome to Oldgas.
I will be getting a Fire Chief pump plate if your interested. Ill send you a PM. Its the flashing letter next to "My Stuff" near the top of your screen.

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a very nice 15 inch round lubester plate that I would sell.
I think Bryce is a little low on the pump plate prices too. If you follow ebay daily like I do, you'll find the really nice pump plates will easily top $200 and sometimes hit $250. If you're willing to accept a lot of damage, you can get them down pretty close to $100, but quality will always cost and will always be the best investment.
The 15 inch plates have been reproduced, but are fairly easy to spot. They will have the grommets at 12--3--6--and 9 oclock on the reproductions. The originals are at 1 1/2--4 1/2--7 1/2-- and 10 1/2. You will find nice minty ones clear up to $600 and ones with a little damage that are closer to $400.
I have a nice one with one small chip on it for $300 and can send pictures if you will send me an email. Thanks--KEVIN kwfrith@gondtc.com

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Texaco lubester signs were produced in 8", 10" (hard to find and pricey), & 15" All 12" signs are reproduced !!! That should clear the ebay playing field by 90%

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved