D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Happy birthday Paul!!
Dave

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Originally Posted By: Dr Dave
Happy birthday Paul!!
Dave

TIMES 2

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Thanks for the B'day wishes.

No call yesterday so I'm guessing guy chickened out on the sting... frown

On the road today so crossing my finger the investigators will get the guys today.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Craigslist ad with photos

Update as of tonite. I have the names of the thieves. They had a 3rd party duped into helping them and he gave up their info when he found out how deep the cesspool was he stepped in. They(investigators) feel like he knew nothing about the stuff being stolen.(I leave that to God and prosecutors.) He gave an address for the people but my trailer was not found there. frown

Nothing further has been recovered but since I put the name of the guy out on my FB page I got a lead to possible residence, but don't know if that's the same as above. Sadly Investigators won't be back to work on it until Monday, so unless I generate more info for some officer to check out I'll have to probably borrow a friends trailer for a few weeks.

The lesson I have learned so far is to be as proactive as possible and be your own investigator recognizing the police don't have the resources or necessarily hot iron keeping them on your case. The more leads you can develop the faster investigators will work and stay focussed on the case.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Maybe even use a Dremel to engrave your trailer in some inconspicuous places for identification Paul. Take pictures of everything as it appears you already do.
I am happy that you have recovered at least some of your things.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My best thoughts and wishes are being sent your way, Paul. I hope you recover it all and it's all in the same shape as you last saw it!!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
C
C
good luck Paul. I have my eyes open over in the Spartanburg area!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dr Dave
Maybe even use a Dremel to engrave your trailer in some inconspicuous places for identification Paul. Take pictures of everything as it appears you already do.
I am happy that you have recovered at least some of your things.
That is a really good idea. Hope you find it soon.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I like the idea of marking the trailer. Too easy for criminals to drill out most trailer tags.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Install some type of gps tracking device on it. You can get something similar to the chip they put in a pet that will allow you to track the location of your trailor anywhere in the world from your cell phone. You can buy something very affordable and easily concealed that is as simple as hitting a couple buttons to use.

Check out my finds at Mantiquities on Facebook!!!!

facebook.com/pages/Mantiquities/167580613447712
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I looked into the gps tracking about a year ago. There are different kinds out there. You would need real time tracking, not the kind you download later from the unit (forget the name of that type). You need a gps tracker that transmits. I found there was a monthly fee involved. LoJack is cool but you need the cops to make it work. If you are willing to spend money on a monthly fee (I think it's like $10 a month) could work. They have a feature called geo-fencing too. If your item that is tracked moves out of a certain area you are notified, then you go on the Gps company website and see where it is. It uses cellular coverage to work, and the unit needs 12v source to work.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
OK, update time.

One of the thieves was caught last week. She passed out in a McDonalds and police were called. They found drugs on her and she was hauled in. Got a call for her bond hearing which ended up being 46K. 26K for the drugs and 20K for the Grand Larceny and Conspiracy charge for my stolen items.

The investigator wasn't told the night the girl got arrested and only found out when I left him a message. He checked her out of detention and proceeded to find my trailer plus a few more of the contents, but still not everything. She didn't want to give up her husband as he is "watching the kids" but I doubt she will bond out as I was the only person to show up at her bond hearing!

I got the trailer back this afternoon. The thieves had broken the trailer jack, removed the rear tail lights, painted the wheels, all in an attempt to disguise the trailer. I'll have some work to do to it, but at least I have it back.

The whereabouts of the rest of the missing items is an unknown, hopefully the husband will get nabbed and more info will be forthcoming. Also, it appears the fellow who was cooperating may know more, as some items were supposedly taken to the next county to sell... but don't know as of yet.

Anyway.... I'm hopeful that I'll have more returned before too long.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well the thing is Paul when all is said and done you'll be the expert for all of us on what to do to prevent this and how to handle all the BS if it happens! Glad you got the trailer back.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Good Job Paul!!

C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
One thing for those of you with trailers. If you live in a populated area consider putting a keyed alarm on enclosed trailers that will activate a motion sensor alarm. If you live in a rural area consider some variation of the LoJac system that will locate your trailer's position. Place the unit securely inside your trailer or attached to a non-removable box on open trailers. Mark a trailer in both conspicuous and non-conspicuous places for identification.

Always document everything you buy photographically. Consider using alternative marking methods (UV visible paints etc) for high value items.

Some of these things I will be implementing on my trailer!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved